Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
WHDVR - what is needed for the install?
Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:39 PM
The dish on the roof has 4 wires going to a switch (8 connections out of it) in the attic, with 2 coax each going to the the DVRs and a single coax to the H20-600 and H20-100. I have a broadband router right next to the H20-600. The router is located right under the switch in the attic. If I need to get another cable to it, it will be easy to do.
What will be required to get WHDVR? Will any of the receivers need to be replaced? Will the switch in the attic be changed? Will any additional coax be needed? What is covered in the cost of the install and what isn't?
Thank you very much!
||...Ads Help To Support This Site...||
Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:20 AM
- New Single Wire Multiswitch dish to replace your current dish
- Replacement HD Receivers for your H20 models since they're not WHDVR compatible
- Replacement SD DVR that's SWM-compatible (but not necessarily networkable)
- DECA networking modules for your new HD Receivers and existing HR22 and HR21 HD DVRs.
- Another DECA module to bridge the DECA network to your home's network/internet connection.
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad
Additional equipment configuration details
Sun & moon help site your satellite dish
Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:32 AM
Where your router is next to the receiver, the installer should just use a 2-way splitter there with one output going to the receiver and the other going to a DECA that is then connected to the router.
DECA's will also be installed for any receiver that is not a H24/HR24.
That is all included in the cost that litzdog posted.
Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.
SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom
HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom