Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

network issue all of a sudden

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   drew64

drew64

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:16 AM

I have 2 networked HR 21-200's. At least they were working fine until yesterday.
I had a Belkin N1 vision router which worked ok but kept having to be rebooted lately. I decided to get an Apple airport extreme since it was dual band and had some other features i liked. Well it works fine with my 2 blu ray players and all my computers but my dvrs wont connect. It finds the network and I enter the network key but still wont connect. The dvr's are hooked up wirelessly. One using the WET610N and the other using and the other using the older linksys gaming bridge. Both had worked fine. The DVR say they are connected to the network just not the internet. Yet i cant use multi room viewing. My security is wpa2. I tried resetting both dvrs but still wont connect. i am wondering if the appple router is compatiable for this set up. I still have my old router. I think it can be used just as an access point thru the web set up just not familiar with how to hook that up. Any ideas? I am paying for the multi room set up its just not supported by DTV the way i have it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:02 AM

What are the IP addresses of the receivers? I'm going to take a guess that they have APIPA addresses (169.254.x.x). Try running the Network setup again on the receivers. If that doesn't work, hook up each of the wireless ethernet adapters to a laptop and verify that the settings on it are correct to connect to your new router. After plugging them back into the receivers, rerun the Network Setup.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   drew64

drew64

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:47 AM

The IP addresses are 192 ones. I do know the airport has a 10.0 IP so dont know if that makes a difference. Will try the setup thru a laptop later and rerun connection. I just dont understand why it sees all the networks in my condo area and i click on mine and enter the security key and it still says error 22 cant connect. The key is correct because it is the same one i used to connect my bluray players and they can stream fine.

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:22 AM

The other thing to look at is if you are using the Automatic setup or Advanced (manual) setup on the receivers. Reset the network settings to be sure that it is using the router to assign the IP addresses to the receivers so that there is no conflict with any other devices.

- Merg

#5 OFFLINE   drew64

drew64

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

Well reset to defaults and reran setup. Both dvrs say connected but they dont see each other as networked. I cant see my bedroom playlist downstairs and vice versa. Are the network services part of the setup. my one dvr says unable to start services (202) are there manual settings that i can use? Do I need to reset the dvr?

#6 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:58 PM

Well reset to defaults and reran setup. Both dvrs say connected but they dont see each other as networked. I cant see my bedroom playlist downstairs and vice versa. Are the network services part of the setup. my one dvr says unable to start services (202) are there manual settings that i can use? Do I need to reset the dvr?

Network services are not needed for MRV. The problem appears tobe that the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx is not connecting to the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx IP addresses. You may need to use fixed IPs on the DVRs using the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx address range.

#7 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

Network services are not needed for MRV. The problem appears tobe that the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx is not connecting to the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx IP addresses. You may need to use fixed IPs on the DVRs using the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx address range.

I think the 10.xxx IP address mentioned is what the Airport is receiving as its IP address from the service provider. That is not the IP address of one of the routers.

- Merg

#8 OFFLINE   midd

midd

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:19 AM

You can configure airport to use either 10.0 or 192.168 addresses. Mine is assigned 10.0. I assigned my 2 receivers an address and included them in my DHCP settings under the internet tab. You will need the MAC address for each receiver.

#9 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:06 AM

I think the 10.xxx IP address mentioned is what the Airport is receiving as its IP address from the service provider. That is not the IP address of one of the routers.

- Merg

You can configure airport to use either 10.0 or 192.168 addresses. Mine is assigned 10.0. I assigned my 2 receivers an address and included them in my DHCP settings under the internet tab. You will need the MAC address for each receiver.

Thanks for the reminder Midd. Completely brain farted on the 10.0 address. That is another range that is used for home networks along with the 192.168 range. Reconfigure the Airport to use the 192.168 address range for its IP address or switch the receivers to the 10.0 range and you should have success.

- Merg

#10 OFFLINE   drew64

drew64

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

i can put in the dvr a 10.0 range i think. Just give the last digit a different number for each. How do you get the airport to get 192 addresses.

#11 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,820 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

I thiink your wireless adapters are connecting to a neighbors LAN - check or reprogram them.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#12 OFFLINE   drew64

drew64

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:24 PM

well fixed the airport so it puts out 192. ip address. It appears now my wireless adapter keeps dropping the wireless. I have a wet610n. Do i need do drop the security to wpa vs wpa2

#13 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

As long as the security set up on the wireless adapter is the same that the Airport is set to use you shouldn't have a problem. Make sure the encryption types are exactly the same (WPA-Personal vs. WPA-Enterprise) and that the key encryption is the same as well (TKIP vs. AES).

- Merg

#14 OFFLINE   drew64

drew64

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:24 AM

I have been unable to check the security of the adapter because have not been able to get to the set up page. I tried re running the setup of it but did not work. Now my one bluray player wont connect. I may change the ip address settings back to the 10. setting. For some reason the blu ray worked then. I also may tri powerline adapter and nix the gaming adapters. This may work better than wireless. Any recommendations?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...