Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Question for those that had NBA League Pass

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

Im thinking of getting this next season.
Im wondering from those that had it:
Do you get dual feeds and are the majority of games available like Extra Innings? Thanks for any opinions.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,960 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

Dual feeds were pretty much better this year. Not all were, but most were. Which team(s) were you looking to follow?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

You know what I hated about LP? No local commercials - D* (or the NBA) put all their own promos over the local commercials.

I actually got NBALP one year because I wanted to see the Trailblazers and the local Portland ads (I used to live in Beaverton).

#4 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

You should get pretty much all the dual feeds minus your local NBA team(s) then you'll only see their feed. The nice thing (at least the last 2 yrs) was you also get free online NBA LP.

#5 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

Dual feeds were pretty much better this year. Not all were, but most were. Which team(s) were you looking to follow?

I like the Phoenix Suns. Disappointed to hear no local commercials. Thats one of the reasons I like the D'Backs feed in baseball( My girlfriend is from Arizona and her family still lives there).

PS My main feeling is there enough basketball on TNT and ESPN but it might be nice to have access to the Suns telecasts.

#6 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,960 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:29 AM

You know what I hated about LP? No local commercials - D* (or the NBA) put all their own promos over the local commercials.

I actually got NBALP one year because I wanted to see the Trailblazers and the local Portland ads (I used to live in Beaverton).

There's local commercials for most feeds...it's just remaps of RSNs like MLBEI, NHLCI, etc. They even added HD for Portland games this last year from Comcast Sportsnet.

I like the Phoenix Suns. Disappointed to hear no local commercials. Thats one of the reasons I like the D'Backs feed in baseball( My girlfriend is from Arizona and her family still lives there).

PS My main feeling is there enough basketball on TNT and ESPN but it might be nice to have access to the Suns telecasts.

Every Suns game seemed to be on FSNAZ (with AZ ads).
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#7 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

There's local commercials for most feeds...it's just remaps of RSNs like MLBEI, NHLCI, etc. They even added HD for Portland games this last year from Comcast Sportsnet.

Every Suns game seemed to be on FSNAZ (with AZ ads).

My45 in Phoenix carried 41 games. The remaining were shared with FSNAZ and ABC/TNT. NBA LP shows the My45 games with local ads.

#8 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,960 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:12 PM

My45 in Phoenix carried 41 games. The remaining were shared with FSNAZ and ABC/TNT. NBA LP shows the My45 games with local ads.

Were the My45 games in HD on LP? I can't remember.

Sorry to the OP being wrong about how many were on FSNAZ. I rarely use or have in my guide the LP, CI, or EI channels since most are on RSNs for teams I follow.

#9 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:24 PM

Were the My45 games in HD on LP? I can't remember.

Sorry to the OP being wrong about how many were on FSNAZ. I rarely use or have in my guide the LP, CI, or EI channels since most are on RSNs for teams I follow.

Yes. All Suns games are in HD.

#10 OFFLINE   cforrest

cforrest

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 813 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

Boston bill should get most of the Suns' games in HD, may not be the home feed all the time when on MY45, but he'll have other team's HD feed. With the HD feeds CSN-BA and CSN-Cali being added full-time, we should have even more western conference team HD feeds.

D* Setup:

Slimline (AU9-S) w/no multiswitch
(1) HR21-100 0x87F (7/8/08 Made in Mexico) via HDMI to Pioneer PDP-6020FD
(1) HR24-100 0x87F (11/9/10 Made in Thailand) via HDMI to Panasonic TC-P58S2

FIOS 150/150

#11 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

Basically w/ the NBA you'll get to watch every game -- no exclusive windows black games out as with MLB. On the other hand, compared to Extra Innings, you'll have to watch more of the games on a national network rather than your regional channel of choice -- games shown on ESPN/TNT/NBATV will always be blacked out for out-of-market League Pass folks even when the games are also carried on the RSNs.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#12 OFFLINE   Joe Spears

Joe Spears

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

I am thinking about subscribing but was wondering if anyone that had the package last year knows if you received the San Antonio Spurs local broadcasts on KENS-TV (NBC 5) & KMYS-TV (CW 35) in high definition through LP? And if yes do you receive the local commercials or do they show the NBA stats central that iNDemand does for local cable/telco providers during commercial breaks?

Spurs are not in my local market so I am aware that they will NOT be blacked out provided there not shown on a National TV or Local RSN channel.

Thanks

#13 OFFLINE   Smush401

Smush401

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

If you ordered LP are you able to watch the Preseason games on the RSN's or are they blacked out. Thanks.

#14 ONLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,164 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

If you ordered LP are you able to watch the Preseason games on the RSN's or are they blacked out. Thanks.

Yup

#15 OFFLINE   Bradman

Bradman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Anyone having luck getting a deal on LP yet?
The first CSR I tried shut me down.

#16 OFFLINE   je4755

je4755

Godfather

• Registered
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

What about the availability of 76ers games in HD? I ask because CI offered many Flyers games only in SD.

#17 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,960 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

What about the availability of 76ers games in HD? I ask because CI offered many Flyers games only in SD.

The 76ers feed is never HD...The opponent feed usually is.

#18 OFFLINE   Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

I am thinking about subscribing but was wondering if anyone that had the package last year knows if you received the San Antonio Spurs local broadcasts on KENS-TV (NBC 5) & KMYS-TV (CW 35) in high definition through LP? And if yes do you receive the local commercials or do they show the NBA stats central that iNDemand does for local cable/telco providers during commercial breaks?

Spurs are not in my local market so I am aware that they will NOT be blacked out provided there not shown on a National TV or Local RSN channel.

Thanks

I saw every Spurs game last year so you'll get them all. I honestly can't remember if you get the local commercials on the KENS and CW35 games but I don't remember ever seeing the stats central stuff, so I'm guessing yes.

#19 OFFLINE   bertman64

bertman64

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

I have had NBALP the last 3 years. I called to cancel last year but they gave me some discounts to keep it for the shortened season. Last month my bill said it was to renew for 6 payments of 29.99 on a future bill. The new bill I got today for 10/20-11/19 shows nothing on it except to announce the week free preview. Not sure what this means but it is kind of weird! When I click on NBA it says I can activate it but not sure I want to now! Seems like 2 years ago I called to cancel and got one of the monthly payments waived to keep it and I was hoping to do that this year as I'm paying for ST Max and Premier and 150.00 sounds like a good deal for it. Anyone else have it dissapear from your account or get a discount on it?

#20 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

When you sub to League Pass, do you also get full access to the Broadband and Mobile programming packages? and if you get broadband access, will it work with the Roku?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...