Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Question for those that had NBA League Pass

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Joe Spears

Joe Spears

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

I saw every Spurs game last year so you'll get them all. I honestly can't remember if you get the local commercials on the KENS and CW35 games but I don't remember ever seeing the stats central stuff, so I'm guessing yes.

Thank you! :)

When you sub to League Pass, do you also get full access to the Broadband and Mobile programming packages? and if you get broadband access, will it work with the Roku?

Yes you do. It also just came out Oct 22nd for the Xbox 360 (requires Live Gold subscription and League Pass TV or Broadband subscription)

Edited by Joe Spears, 25 October 2012 - 08:30 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Variant

Variant

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

When you sub to League Pass, do you also get full access to the Broadband and Mobile programming packages? and if you get broadband access, will it work with the Roku?

Don't know about the Roku, but I have always gotten access to LP Broadband via my normal LP subscription.

#23 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

^^^^^
^^^^^

Thanks for the Broadband/Roku replies. Now, I just got to figure out if it's worth it to me. There is only so much time. I suppose that the first week free trial will allow access to the broadband too and I can get a better gauge as to whether it's worth it to me.

How fast are the games archived and available for replay, anyone know?

#24 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

^^^^^
^^^^^

Thanks for the Broadband/Roku replies. Now, I just got to figure out if it's worth it to me. There is only so much time. I suppose that the first week free trial will allow access to the broadband too and I can get a better gauge as to whether it's worth it to me.

Reviews last year said LP on Roku was horrible the whole season. Check the Roku forums.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#25 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,177 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

The 76ers feed is never HD...The opponent feed usually is.

i seem to recall watching a few sixer games last year on league pass that were from csn philly and in hd.

#26 OFFLINE   ajc68

ajc68

Icon

• Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

^^^^^
^^^^^

If I'm remembering correctly, the games are essentially archived from tipoff as you can choose to join live or from the beginning.

Pro: You get a free broadband subscription with your cable, satellite, or telco subscription to League Pass.
Con: NBA Broadband still doesn't offer both the home and away feeds like MLB does.

Edited by ajc68, 27 October 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

If I'm remembering correctly, the games are essentially archived from tipoff as you can choose to join live or from the beginning.

Pro: You get a free broadband subscription with your cable, satellite, or telco subscription to League Pass.
Con: NBA Broadband still doesn't offer both the home and away feeds like MLB does.

That sounds a lot better than I imagined. That's nice. I'm gonna have to figure out some way to come up with the cash. I could probably drop all my premium channels, I won't have time to watch them anyway. :grin:

Reviews last year said LP on Roku was horrible the whole season. Check the Roku forums.

You ain't kidding about that, that was a long thread and it went from the start of the season to the very end and still everyone was frustrated. I have a PC hooked up to the TV, so I don't have to use the Roku, but I did play around a little with the Roku free app vs the PC and the Roku looked much nicer than the PC. I will more than likely watch the majority of the games from satellite, but the archive and delayed DVR type function of the broadband sounds great and they will surely get the Roku functionality straightened out eventually.

#28 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,177 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

anybody else with league pass having a hard time trying to authenticate for league pass mobile and broadband? i remember there were problems last year. and i'm having a hard time trying to activate.

#29 OFFLINE   rjc

rjc

Legend

• Registered
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

I had an issue for several days but finally got confirmation that it was activated but when I tried logging on with my iPad, it did not work

Protected By... spam firewall...And...