Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Wierd MRV/Internet issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   employee3

employee3

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

I have 4 HR's (2xHR24 and 2xHR20's). I also have a DECA connected to my network. I can get a DHCP address from the network, but none of the boxes will connect to the internet. I have reset all network settings and I've even pulled new IPs to the boxes (so I know that they are communicating through the DECA into a switch).

What I'm getting is "Not connected to the Internet (22). All other computers on the network can browse the web and I don't have any QOS or Access restrictions on the router. Also I have switched out the DECA unit to see if that was causing issues, but no dice.

Any ideas?
C'mon people, it's just TV.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,991 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:08 PM

From another thread today:
Pull the power to the router for a min or two and let it boot back up.
Then restore network defaults and "connect now" on a DVR and see what happens.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   employee3

employee3

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:30 PM

Well after playing around, they still all fail the Internet test, but they will download VOD so obviously they are connected. I also played some AVI's from my NAS so the DECA is working.

No idea why the test still fails.
C'mon people, it's just TV.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...