Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The LeBron Hour, Finally

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

Anyone want to volunteer for a rescue party if he bails on Cleveland, I may need an extraction team. This place will be a war zone (more than normal) if he leaves town.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,112 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

Anyone want to volunteer for a rescue party if he bails on Cleveland, I may need an extraction team. This place will be a war zone (more than normal) if he leaves town.

You may want to start putting up the barb wire now.... :eek2:
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#23 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,717 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA area

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:56 PM

What the heck is a "n3ntj" anyway?

It's an FCC call sign.

HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200 (2), 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV), Cinema Kit (Wifi connection)
Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#24 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:58 PM

I have to be honest here... All along I hoped he would stay in Cleveland. I'm sappy like that.

BUT, given that he hasn't yet won anything there yet... and the way he has been dancing and teasing around leaving... makes me think he really wants to leave even if he doesn't. I mean, if he is truly a "home town" kid and wants to stay... that would have been an easy announcement to make long ago without the fanfare.

So... part of me thinks that oddly Cleveland might be better off if he does leave... especially if it backfires on him and he doesn't win wherever he goes to next.

In these scenarios I often root for the guy to leave, then the home team to do better. I really hate the team-hopping to win championships that happens sometimes.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#25 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,130 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

He's leaving to Miami. http://www.fox8.com/...story?track=rss

According to an exclusive Us Weekly report, two sources confirm that James has rented six cabanas at the W Hotel South Beach for this weekend to presumably celebrate his decision to play for the Miami Heat.
Meanwhile, a report on MiamiCondoInvestments.com says rumors are swirling that James has already made an offer on a $49.5 million estate in Coral Gables.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#26 OFFLINE   redsoxfan26

redsoxfan26

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWest Warwick, RI

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

And then the CBA will expire and there will be a lock-out...

#27 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,335 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:45 PM

So ... can Miami buy a championship?

I'm glad I don't like sports (except Olympics and NASCAR).

#28 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

The thing here is...

I don't know that this automatically raises Miami above either Boston or Orlando in the Eastern Conference.

It certainly drops Cleveland... but Chicago also is going to be better... so this doesn't really "guarantee" anything in the east.

Also, unless something strange happens... the Lakers should be the team to beat next year. Utah will drop for losing Boozer to Chicago.

Denver might be good with Karl back as coach if his health holds up... and Oklahoma City might still be a team to contend with...

But for all the fanfare, I don't see this as a "done deal" guarantee of anything for Miami in terms of championship level success.

#29 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

the one thing it does mean...

Comes Monday morning... We won't get Lebron 24x7 on all the sports radio and TV Shows.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#30 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,362 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

Thank God! I've not seen such unwarranted publicity since Britney forgot her undergarments! :P

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#31 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,060 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:29 PM

Comes Monday morning... We won't get Lebron 24x7 on all the sports radio and TV Shows.

Lucky you, my local stations now won't give a hurricane time for 2 weeks now since the announcement.

#32 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,186 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:09 PM

Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

http://www.nba.com/c...ter_100708.html

DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#33 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

http://www.nba.com/c...ter_100708.html

While I agree that the hype and the "decision show" has been a bit overboard... That letter is probably the biggest bunch of garbage and poor sportsmanship I have ever read. This is absolutely ridiculous that that came from a majority owner. Lebron gave them 7 years. They didn't give him a supporting cast. You can't expect the guy to stay in Cleveland forever. He wants to win a championship and it obviously wasn't happening there. You can't fault the guy for wanting to go try and win somewhere else.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.

#34 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,335 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:04 AM

The "I wanna win" thing was overplayed ... and this free agency is overhyped. The guy is a good ball player. The greatest? Probably not. He may finish his carrier with a championship. He may not. But one thing is for sure. He will finish his carrier. Every ball player's career ends some day.

I'd like to see a little less emphasis on the "winning is everything".

As far as the letter ... apparently whining is everything. It is good to pick oneself up, dust oneself off and move on but that tirade was over the top. Perhaps the Cavs would like to refund the extra income that having LeBron for the past seven years brought them? It isn't like the organization didn't benefit from his presence.

BTW: During coverage on CNN when fans in the bars saw the results the reactions from New York, Cleveland and Miami were carried live. A little too live for Cleveland where one bar patron decided to flip off the camera when the announcement was made. Later on when ESPN was reporting from Cleveland the police was separating the crowds from the reporter so she could get the job done.

#35 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,112 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:21 AM

Thank goodness the last tractor trailer for the circus can be seen leaving town.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#36 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

You are kidding right?

Now that we know he is going to Miami, they will talk about that all summer! No way ESPN stops talking about this until at least the first NBA game of next season.

Mark my words.

#37 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,666 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

Oh was that announced last night ? Yawnnnn !

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#38 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

LeBron who?
Posted Image

#39 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,227 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

You are kidding right?

Now that we know he is going to Miami, they will talk about that all summer! No way ESPN stops talking about this until at least the first NBA game of next season.

Mark my words.

You mean they will stop talking about Danica Patrick and her performance in NASCAR

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#40 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

The biggest idiot last night was Jim Gray. He can never be taken seriously again.

He was 100% paid for by the James camp. He's as much of a journalist as, well, he ISN'T a journalist anymore.

I for one hope Mr. James suffers loss after loss. He took the easy and selfish road. He could've been a great. Now he might be a great big flop.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...