Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Internet connection made simple

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gsslug

gsslug

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

As some of you may recall from my previous posts I stopped DTV from installing an internet connection when the installer said he would have to drill holes in my exterior walls. Then I began the adventure of getting a DECA free from DTV and having several of their employees during several phone calls all tell me I didn't need the power supply which of course I did as everyone here at DBSTalk told me.

Ordered the power supply from Solid Signal along with a "green label" splitter and finally got around to hooking it up today. I hooked it all up and went to Network and tested the connection. It said I was connected. I then did the repeat network connection (or whatever it said) and the next thing I know I've got a ton of on demand stuff in my guide but maybe it's been there all along because I never looked. It was almost to simple. But then again I haven't tried to download anything yet but probably will later tonight. That will be the true test.

One question. What are Network Services? I get a <202> error when I click on that.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   xandor

xandor

Legend

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

I think I read somewhere else on these boards that they aren't being used (yet). I have the same error but no problems with either on demand, MRV or TVApps.

1 HR20-700 connected via HDMI to a Sharp 52" LCD/LED TV (Bedroom)
1 HR20-700 connected via HDMI to a Samsung 46" LCD/LED TV (Living Room)
1 H21-200 connected via HDMI to a 19" Samsung TV (Kitchen)
1 HR24-500 connected via HDMI to a 32" Vizio TV (Basement)

All connected to a splitter to an AU9 dish with SWM-5 LNB and to DECA

#3 OFFLINE   john18

john18

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 980 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:30 PM

The advice from VeryOldSchool and others is that as long as your functions all work don't worry about the Network Services error.

#4 OFFLINE   gsslug

gsslug

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

The advice from VeryOldSchool and others is that as long as your functions all work don't worry about the Network Services error.

MRV works. I'll try to download an On Demand program later tonight to make sure that's working properly. Don't know what all the TV apps are but right now implementing that is not high on my list of priorities.

#5 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,274 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

Glad to hear that everything is working!

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

Protected By... spam firewall...And...