Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

vip922

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:26 PM

Folks, After 2 years of dealing with the other guys and getting fed up with the cable bill and cable service in Idaho, I jumped the ship and came back to DirectV through qwest. I chose the Ultimate package and got free HD for life. My Qwest bundle will be lower than the cable package that I got rid of. $112 a month versus 176.83. Plus I miss NASCAR Hotpass(Go Jr.). and NFL Network and not having ESPNU in HD (Go Boise State Broncos) and the other channels that CableOne does not have in HD.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,836 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

:welcome_s Baaaaaack.... :D
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#3 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,877 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

Folks, After 2 years of dealing with the other guys and getting fed up with the cable bill and cable service in Idaho, I jumped the ship and came back to DirectV through qwest. I chose the Ultimate package and got free HD for life. My Qwest bundle will be lower than the cable package that I got rid of. $112 a month versus 176.83. Plus I miss NASCAR Hotpass(Go Jr.). and NFL Network and not having ESPNU in HD (Go Boise State Broncos) and the other channels that CableOne does not have in HD.

Welcome back, and make sure you read up on the Whole Home DVR upgrade, it's a pretty sweet deal, at least for a lot of us.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#4 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

Welcome back, and make sure you read up on the Whole Home DVR upgrade, it's a pretty sweet deal, at least for a lot of us.

Actually the Qwest representative sold me a wireless router that will hook up to my DVR and control all the other HD receivers in the house for $25 bucks. I will only be paying 7 bucks for DVR service. And that Free HD for life deal is much more sweeter than the whole house DVR upgrade at least for me.

#5 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,877 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

Actually the Qwest representative sold me a wireless router that will hook up to my DVR and control all the other HD receivers in the house for $25 bucks. I will only be paying 7 bucks for DVR service. And that Free HD for life deal is much more sweeter than the whole house DVR upgrade at least for me.

You can have both, you know.:)

I got a deeply discounted WHDVR install, and the 10/mo off for 24 months (existing customer), and a friend just did the WHDVR upgrade and he got the 10/mo off as well. I guess what I'm trying to say is the two deals aren't mutually exclusive. If you're happy with wireless MRV, then don't bother...but there is a world of difference between DECA and wireless for MRV.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#6 OFFLINE   ciurca

ciurca

Godfather

• Registered
  • 428 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

You can have both, you know.:)

I got a deeply discounted WHDVR install, and the 10/mo off for 24 months (existing customer), and a friend just did the WHDVR upgrade and he got the 10/mo off as well. I guess what I'm trying to say is the two deals aren't mutually exclusive. If you're happy with wireless MRV, then don't bother...but there is a world of difference between DECA and wireless for MRV.

+1 The DECA runs even better than ethernet. (DVR to H2x)
HR34
HR23
Slingbox Pro HD

Twitter -> @saltwater_rider
Facebook -> facebook.com/craig.ciurca

#7 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

Actually the Qwest representative sold me a wireless router that will hook up to my DVR and control all the other HD receivers in the house for $25 bucks. I will only be paying 7 bucks for DVR service.

But you do realize that you STILL have to pay the $3 for MRV, EVEN using the ethernet connections on the receivers. DirecTV shut that freebie off a couple months ago...you'll have to get it activated per the instructions on the 2nd post of this link.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=177590

Edited by dishrich, 08 July 2010 - 05:17 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   john18

john18

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 980 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

Welcome back.

I also suggest that you consider the Whole Home and/or Internet Connection Kit. The multiroom experience is, IMO, much better using SWiM connections and if you do the Internet connection (preferably to a wired ethernet port on your modem) your streaming experience will be quite good.

Regardless, welcome back.

#9 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

I agree the WHDVR upgrade is awesome and shouldn't be overlooked. Yes it's $3.00/Month but well worth it.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#10 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

Welcome back.

I also suggest that you consider the Whole Home and/or Internet Connection Kit. The multiroom experience is, IMO, much better using SWiM connections and if you do the Internet connection (preferably to a wired ethernet port on your modem) your streaming experience will be quite good.

Regardless, welcome back.

I meant to say the Internet Connection Kit

#11 ONLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,255 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

Welcome home

JACK,

Protected By... spam firewall...And...