Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Got an HR22 and Two R22's....MRV?
Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:30 PM
Few more questions....
1. Is there an online diagram that shows how the DECA system is hooked up?
2. Do I need to run an ethernet line from my router for MRV to work, OR is the ethernet only for On Demand?
3. I would like to install this myself......do I just need the DECA box, DECA power supply, and a band stop filter for each DECA box?
4. DECA power supply.....one power supply for each DECA box, or does that power supply send juice to all the DECA boxes?
Sorry for all the questions and I hope this hasn't been asked before.
Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:41 PM
2. A deca cloud can be completely self contained. Internet connection is only required for On-demand tv apps and other stuff like that.
3. If you want to install yourself you can do it using Ethernet too.
4. 1 power supply per deca box.
Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:59 PM
DECA would need a SWiM dish and then a DECA for each receiver plus another with a PI to bridge to your home network for internet.
For the cost of these [retail] I'd go with the DirecTV connected home upgrade [$99 + service call charge] and look to have them install a H24 at the same time, since this package might get a better price.
Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:05 PM
Also, I read in some thread that a CSR was able to temporarily change an R22 on a customer's account to an HR22 (and change it back) in order to enable MRV and order DECA; try a forum search, or just use VOS's suggestion about adding an H24.
DECA MRV setup, including one module connected to a WAP/switch (for PS3 and Xbox 360) and another connected directly to a Slingbox