Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

r15 freezes @ 70% on reset from menu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bflora

bflora

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

I have an r15 that I use for slingbox. We had some major electrical storms recently with power outages of several days. It now drops tuner 2 occasionally and has to be reset. If I reset by choosing reset in the menu (the only way I can do it remotely) it gets stuck at about 70% on receiving satellite info. If I reset by pulling the plug it resets all the way. Anyone have any helpful ideas? Is Dtv still requiring the return of r15's?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:16 PM

It seems that you may have decided to upgrade the R15.
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=180803
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   bflora

bflora

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:31 AM

It seems that you may have decided to upgrade the R15.
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=180803

Just looking at the possibilities. I am thinking of trying a forced software download in case the operating software is corrupted and if that fails trying a complete hard drive reformat. It also depends on how often this presents a problem when I'm not at home to unplug reboot. Also wondering if this is the beginning of the end for this r15.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...