Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Music

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jameskelly

jameskelly

Mentor

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:22 AM

Hi:
I am not recieving the "Piano" music on Sonic Tap. A message is telling me that I am not authorized. ????? I rebooted, but the same msg. Any ideas?

JJK

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,382 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:23 AM

Is it greyed out in the guide? It is not part os your TV package

Edited by JACKIEGAGA, 12 July 2010 - 06:28 AM.

JACK,

#3 OFFLINE   scoop8

scoop8

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:42 AM

Hi:
I am not recieving the "Piano" music on Sonic Tap. A message is telling me that I am not authorized. ????? I rebooted, but the same msg. Any ideas?

JJK

If I recall, a certain tier of programming pkg is required to receive all of the SonicTap music channels. I have the Premium Pkg so I receive all of the music channels.

There's another issue, though, regarding these channels. Unless something's recently changed, there are several music channels that reside on the 119 sattelite and can't be received unless you have the correct dish, which is the SL5 dish. Here's the list that is correct excluding possible recent changes:

807-Rat Pack (50's music)
815-Holidays (assume its just during xmas time)
824-groove lounge
852-jazz
853-Metro Blend
855-Great Standards
861-Pump
865-Piano
870-Fiesta
873-Mexican
876-Mariachi
877-Carnival Brasil
880-Family Favorites (60's-today soft rock music)
881-Italian
882-Italian Contemporary
883-Irish
884-Tranquality

Since there's a "Piano" channel (ch 865) listed, I'm guessing that this is the one that you were inquiring about here.
DirecTV Subs since '99 - Currently out of contract
Prog Svc: DTV Premier Pkg, NFL ST, MLB EI, CI
Dish: Slimline 5LNB
Receivers: HD-DVR HR22-100, HD H23-600
Display: PANNY Plasma TH50PZ85U
DVD Player: Std Upconvert Region-Free Pioneer DV-400V

#4 OFFLINE   marker101

marker101

Legend

• Registered
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:03 AM

You have to have the top of the line "Premiere" package to get a silly little music channel, such as Piano (and about 3 others).

Stupid is an understatement. :rolleyes:

#5 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:45 PM

You have to have the top of the line "Premiere" package to get a silly little music channel, such as Piano (and about 3 others).

Stupid is an understatement. :rolleyes:

And one of those channels you only get if you have the top-of-the-line package is "Holidays and Happenings" which really irked a lot of customers who wanted to listen to 4th of July music but couldn't. With the prices DirecTV charges ALL packages should include ALL the music channels.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#6 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

And one of those channels you only get if you have the top-of-the-line package is "Holidays and Happenings" which really irked a lot of customers who wanted to listen to 4th of July music but couldn't. With the prices DirecTV charges ALL packages should include ALL the music channels.

Agreed!

FiOS has two complete music services. FiOS is available here, but I won't switch from DirecTV until they have a more robust HD DVR available.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#7 OFFLINE   marker101

marker101

Legend

• Registered
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

No. To get Holidays and Happenings, you only have to have the second highest programming package. :)

It was cheaper for me to move to it...and I wanted H&H year round. It was great for the 4th of July.

#8 OFFLINE   cnmurray8

cnmurray8

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:15 AM

Does anyone know if there are any plans to move the Sonictap channels that are on 119 to either 101, 99 or 103 so markets that get the SL3 as a standard install can receive all of them?

#9 OFFLINE   infounlim

infounlim

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

Does anyone know if there are any plans to move the Sonictap channels that are on 119 to either 101, 99 or 103 so markets that get the SL3 as a standard install can receive all of them?

^I second this question

#10 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

I haven't heard of such plans; the channels still on 119 were originally part of the business-oriented packages.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#11 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:07 PM

I haven't heard of such plans; the channels still on 119 were originally part of the business-oriented packages.

Sort of.

DirecTV added a number of music channels when Sonic Tap (DMX) arrived like "Familiar Favorites". These appear on the 119 satellite.

When DirecTV offered the XM channels known as "XM for Business" they were SPECIAL versions of the consumer channels of the same name. They did not include any interruptions at all and also did not provide song title/artist info. I learned this by accident when they screwed up one day and the "XM for Business" channels were authorized on my receivers. It only lasted a day or two unfortunately.

Now Sonic Tap (DMX) doesn't interrupt their music on ANY channels so the ones in the 9,000's are exactly the SAME as the versions in the 800's (and as such regular customers can tune them in). I presume they actually ARE the same identical channels with the same mapping in the guide but different channel numbers.

Perhaps they are still on the 119 as maybe business customers have single LNB dishes tuned to the 119?

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#12 OFFLINE   ub1934

ub1934

Icon

• Registered
  • 518 posts
  • LocationUpState NY

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:43 PM

^I second this question

Me to , you can pick up some ST on 119 if you set your SL 3 to SL 5 you should get 824 , 852 , 853 , 861 . 882 , & 883 why i don't know bet i do :grin:

#13 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

I am a new customer, so I called DTV and they came out for free to replace the LNB 3 with an LNB5. I am getting all of the channels that I am entitled to now, starting with Rat Pack and Jazz channels.

Still would like to see an Opera Channel, but DTV decided not to replace the one that XM used to have.

#14 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

I am a new customer, so I called DTV and they came out for free to replace the LNB 3 with an LNB5. I am getting all of the channels that I am entitled to now, starting with Rat Pack and Jazz channels.

Still would like to see an Opera Channel, but DTV decided not to replace the one that XM used to have.

DMX (Sonic Tap) has an opera channel called "Arias & Overtures". It is described as "Highlights from Opera's greatest moments". Unfortunately, DirecTV has chosen not to carry it.

It might be worth a shot to send DirecTV an email requesting it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...