Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends
Guest Message by DevFuse

George Steinbrenner has passed !

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   loveshockey

• Registered
  • 386 posts
  • LocationLancaster, NY

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

who owns the team now? his sons?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,667 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hal & Hank Steinbrenner

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD

#28 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:02 PM

I hope he has Bob Sheppard to announce his arrival in Heaven.

When he gets there.

Poor George is probably going to have to serve some time purgatory first.

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-700, Bsm: HR24-100, Den HR24-200, MB: HR24-500, Kit: H25-500
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#29 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

Poor George is probably going to have to serve some time purgatory first.

He already did that, it was called the Yankee teams of the 80s....
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

#30 OFFLINE   pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

will they bury him at yankee stadium ???

xm sub as of/12/31/05

howard stern on xm channels 100-101 :)

#31 OFFLINE   Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,893 posts
  • LocationLower Westchester County, NY

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

Lot's of reports now surfacing of Steinbrenner's charitable contributions. Apparently he's donated millions over the years on the condition of anonymity, according to a White House statement mourning his passing. He's been especially generous to Tampa, his home for the past 35 years. So much so that they named a local high school after him. It wouldn't surprise me if he was buried there.

#32 OFFLINE   Game Fan

Game Fan

Baseball Is Life

• Registered
  • 740 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

George was a brilliant businessman and owner. He even passed in the best year possible, for his heirs, since their is no inheritance tax this year. Thanks to "The Boss" for all you've done for the Yankees and baseball.

#33 OFFLINE   djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

Being a Red Sox fan, it's tough to say nice things - but you can't savor championships (as in '04 and '07) unless there's a big hill to conquer and Steinbrenner kept that big hill a constant challenge.

My personal opinions of "King George" began to change when the debacle of the Montreal Expos (my NL team) started happening after the strike in '94. Seeing how the owners treated the fans and minority partners made me sick. Jeff Loria, years ago, supplanted Steinbrenner as the most despicable owner in baseball as far as I'm concerned.

Say what you will about Steinbrenner but he put the money into the team. One could say it's not HIS fault that it was in New York where the most money was available (and largely untapped in 1973).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...