Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Losing Receivers

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,850 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

I just left a message with the original installer making him aware of the problem. Still trying to eliminate everything I can think of. I was surprised when the installer used my existing dish. I was expecting to get a new one. I am not really sure what dish I have. I can say that it is approximately 5 years old, tripple LNB I questioned him about this and he said that since I got the SWIM 16 it would be fine.

Since the issues are with MRV and you have a SWiM-16, unless you're also having 771 errors and searching for signal, the dish isn't anything involved with your problems.
A.K.A VOS

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   carguy238

carguy238

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

No signal problems or error messages. Just trying to rule out everything .
Thanks for the help.

#43 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,850 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

No signal problems or error messages. Just trying to rule out everything .
Thanks for the help.

Basically everything "from" the SWiM-16 to your receivers is where to look.
The DECA passes through the SWiM-16, but doesn't have any interaction within it.
A.K.A VOS

#44 OFFLINE   armchair

armchair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

I'm probably reaching here but the HR20 that is most prone to come up missing is in a cabinet and even though I have ventilated the back I think it's running pretty hot. I wonder if this could be the problem. If that was the only problem receiver I could understand it but I wonder if that would cause the other receivers to drop off.

I had a HR22-100 in a ventilated cabinet with no issues until the DECA was placed in there with it. Since the exhaust fan was positioned to facilitate removal of heat from left side of the DVR, the DECA module was higher and further away getting hot.

It seems the pig-tail could be made longer to place the DECA module outside of the cabinet rather than in the cabinet.

#45 OFFLINE   carguy238

carguy238

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

Thanks for the reply. This HR20 replaced an older Tivo unit that we never had any problems with. Even if it doesn't fix the problem i am uncomfortable with the heat. I am going try and move it.

#46 OFFLINE   carguy238

carguy238

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:04 AM

Thanks again for all the help. I tightened up all the connections, some needed it, and so far everything has been good for the last few days.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...