Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PLEASE HELP! MFH-3 DirecTV Operator = No 3D!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   msaghirmd

msaghirmd

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:46 AM

So when are you jerks at primecast going to give us 3d? I've heard ESPN 3D is mindblowing, but unfortunately we have the some kind of 3rd world satellite middleman called primecast ROBBING us of our 3d. Hey Primecast, go back to Kazakhstan or whatever heck hole you crawled out of! Primecast sucks. 6 months later and still no 3d from these buttholes.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 ONLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

I wouldn't worry about 3D now - not appealing, costly, short list ... Soon glassless 3D TV sets will come to the market, then new MFH-3 FW will come ...

#23 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,267 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:23 PM

I wouldn't worry about 3D now - not appealing, costly, short list ... Soon glassless 3D TV sets will come to the market, then new MFH-3 FW will come ...

And even if Primecast or whatever other MFH-3 operator were not currently providing DirecTV's 3D channels, until 3D capable receivers like the future HR24i are available, it won't make any difference.

Neither Primecast or any other operator really have any control over the availability of new IP enabled consumer receivers.

That's DirecTV's area of responsibility.

#24 OFFLINE   GTS

GTS

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

So when are you jerks at primecast going to give us 3d? I've heard ESPN 3D is mindblowing, but unfortunately we have the some kind of 3rd world satellite middleman called primecast ROBBING us of our 3d. Hey Primecast, go back to Kazakhstan or whatever heck hole you crawled out of! Primecast sucks. 6 months later and still no 3d from these buttholes.

WOW!

Talk about "Open big fat mouth and insert crap encrusted foot"!

You have absolutely no inkling of an idea what you're even thinking of talking about. The operators who have to not only put up with ignorant know nothing clients as yourself on the one hand and have to put up with whatever Directv wants to dish out on the other, have absolutely nothing to do with you not being able to receive in 3D. No more than it is our fault that you aren't afforded the benefit of upgraded equipment capable of doing so. The fact that you ere being afforded diminished services when compared to the RF world, lies entirely with Directv. You and others like you think you're....

Let me just repeat that "it's better to not post and let someone think you're a total and complete moron than to do so and remove all doubt", or something like that.

As I have stated before, MFH3 is the proverbial redheaded stepchild of Directv.

I do not have any connection with the operator mentioned here, but had to reply as I'm sick and tired of having to put up with such tremendous idiots as yourself and having to suck it up.

My sympathies go out to anyone that has to interface with you on a daily basis, I'm talking in general, not just where related to Directv.

Wow!:nono2:

Edited by GTS, 15 January 2011 - 08:19 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   Gloria_Chavez

Gloria_Chavez

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

My sympathies go out to anyone that has to interface with you on a daily basis, I'm talking in general, not just where related to Directv.

Wow!:nono2:

I consider myself a tolerant, open-minded individual, who provides much latitude when it comes to insults.

But your comment is so on point, GTS.
Since 1995 the average cable bill has increased 122%, while TV consumption per household just 13%.

http://www.multichan...1_Per_Month.php

http://blog.nielsen....-all-time-high/

#26 ONLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

Please navigate to the "Directv Tips and Resources forum". There you will find a thread with all the satellite, transponder and channel info you're looking for.

GTS, I think you got my PM, so I'd like to ask your as person with HW knowledge in hands about the subject.

#27 OFFLINE   msaghirmd

msaghirmd

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hey have you people looked at your elected officials? Being a moron is in vogue. It's been cool for at least the last 10 years. Have you listened to popular music lately? You have to be dumb to survive these days. So thanks for the compliment guys! But I digress...

Also, guess what primecast minions? I'm the customer. In a capitalist society the customer usually gets what he wants. Unfortunately my condo association signed a deal with primecast so I'm stuck for now until I lobby for a new operator. However, my posts make anyone googling primecast think twice about signing a deal with them. I haven't called them in 6 months anyways so don't get yer panties up in a bunch. I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your day.

#28 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

Hey have you people looked at your elected officials? Being a moron is in vogue. It's been cool for at least the last 10 years. Have you listened to popular music lately? You have to be dumb to survive these days. So thanks for the compliment guys! But I digress...

Also, guess what primecast minions? I'm the customer. In a capitalist society the customer usually gets what he wants. Unfortunately my condo association signed a deal with primecast so I'm stuck for now until I lobby for a new operator. However, my posts make anyone googling primecast think twice about signing a deal with them. I haven't called them in 6 months anyways so don't get yer panties up in a bunch. I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your day.

What part of "Primecast and other MFH-3 operators hands are tied (about 3D) until DirecTv puts out a H®-24i receiver" eludes you?
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#29 OFFLINE   LunaM

LunaM

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

GTS, thank you for the support. However, I am pretty sure I know who the customer is, based on his description of the problem, and if I am right, he is a VIP customer of ours. We try to treat all of our customers with respect, even if they cannot reciprocate. I know that he is not your customer, so it might feel good to tell him off, but please understand that doing so may only inflame the situation further for us, when our main goal is to keep the situation calm and professional. We are here to help as best we can, and since this is a technical forum, I'd appreciate it if we could keep the comments of a technically relevant and helpful nature.

To everyone who would like to be notified when the HR24i is available: please call us and let us know. I will make a post here when it is, but the fastest way to be notified is to call into the call center and let them know your wishes.

#30 OFFLINE   FeralPig

FeralPig

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:36 PM

The MFH3 system is fully capable of 3D. The limitation is strictly with the HR20i receiver hardware. The system and the STB are capable of MRV. I have not yet seen the successor to the HR20i in our labs so that would suggest it is still some ways off..:nono:

MFH3 is no known as IPAdvantage.

By way of clarification, the upgrade is neither to the satellite nor the dish. The Dish used is a standard SL5. The upgrade is a hardware and firmware change to the headend. As has been somewhat stated in this thread, the upgrade is only to allow for reception of the entire lineup. All feeds from all satellites. The upgrade will have no affect on the ability to receive 3D programming or to enable Whole Home DVR, neither are possible with the MFH3 system and the HR20 receiver.

By the way, no word of any action on an MFH3 HR24.

Hope this helps.

#31 OFFLINE   FeralPig

FeralPig

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

I'll just say that the headend, in my opinion, now does not have an adequate number of backup receivers for MPEG 4 HD. We are already running into programming outages because of this. Of course this can be remedied if I merely pony up another $5k for another gateway (32 tuners). This is all I care to say about that.

All transponders have an assigned receiver whether it has any active programming or not. Never know when or where a new channel may pop up.

You should be running a 4 gateway system at the moment which provides extra tuners for all transponders except possibly 99B left or right or 103B left or right depending on your market. There may be only one spare tuner for one of those polarities.

There is no currently no 5th gateway solution to give more spare tuners but it would be possible to create one....but yea, there is a cost.

#32 OFFLINE   GTS

GTS

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:25 AM

Yes to all three.
There is a definite need for spares.
There is a 5th gateway solution.
There is certainly a cost involved.

There's also a problem with the system, which has been acknowledged by Directv, but since it only affects a relatively low number of subs who have a particular programming package is extremely low on the repair priority list.
Still no word on a new receiver.

Luis

Edited by GTS, 31 August 2011 - 09:36 AM.

#33 OFFLINE   employee3

employee3

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:51 AM

Easy answer... you want 3d? Get a 3d bluray player and roll with that.
C'mon people, it's just TV.

#34 OFFLINE   FeralPig

FeralPig

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:02 PM

Yes to all three.
There is a definite need for spares.

There's also a problem with the system, which has been acknowledged by Directv, but since it only affects a relatively low number of subs who have a particular programming package is extremely low on the repair priority list.

Luis

There has not been a 5th gateway deployed yet to date. It is perfectly doable but hasn't happened. Requires a special wiring harness that hasn't been done so far. I suspect no one has been willing to take on the cost since Direct isn't subsidizing it.

#35 OFFLINE   FeralPig

FeralPig

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

Yes to all three.
There is a definite need for spares.and I ha

Luis

And have not seen a successor to the HR20i yet...so I doubt it exist.

#36 OFFLINE   ace58i

ace58i

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

I wanted to bump this thread, are there any updates on the HR24i or a potential HR34i being tested in the labs?

I cannot stand the HR20i. It is extremely slow, never connects to the internet, and I cannot get 3D.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...