Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Two Computer entries in Mediashare

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GordonT

GordonT

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

I recently had to replace my computer and therefore had to re-do my Media Share setup. I was able to reinstall Tversity and get it to work, but now when I invoke Mediashare from the 'Music, Photos and more' menu and then select 'My Computers', there are 2 entries. Both have the name of my computer followed by a colon . I seem to recall that it used to say Tversity after the computer name, but I guess my new Computer's name is too long to allow the rest of the text to be displayed.

The problem is that I can't tell at a glance which entry is for Tversity. I have figured out that it is the first one, but that can be hard to remember (at my age, that is becoming common). So I guess the real question is: What is that 2nd entry for, and how do I get rid of it? It doesn't even allow me to view all the picture on my computer like Tversity does.

TV's:
Samsung HL-R5078W
Mitsubishi VS-50805
Vizio E371VA
Satellite Dish:
Slimline-3S(SWM)
Receivers:
2 HR24-500 0x6bd
H24-100 0x66d
H21-100 0x466d

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,982 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:55 AM

The other one might be WMP. On my DVR, that shows up with only the computer name.

#3 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:15 AM

It's finding two media servers. One of them is probably WMP and the other is TVersity.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#4 OFFLINE   jagrim

jagrim

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

It's finding two media servers. One of them is probably WMP and the other is TVersity.

Mike

That is exactly what it is. I use Play On so my DVR's show 2 media servers. I use one for Playon and the other (WMP) for photos and music.

:cool:

#5 OFFLINE   GordonT

GordonT

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:46 AM

That is exactly what it is. I use Play On so my DVR's show 2 media servers. I use one for Playon and the other (WMP) for photos and music.

:cool:

Mike

Thanks. It makes sense that the 2nd Media server is WMP. Now that I understand that, does WMP offer anything that Tversity does not? If so, what?
If not, what do I need to do to get my Directv receivers/DVR's to not see it? I don't specifically remember doing anything in WMP to make it be seen by the Directv receivers.

TV's:
Samsung HL-R5078W
Mitsubishi VS-50805
Vizio E371VA
Satellite Dish:
Slimline-3S(SWM)
Receivers:
2 HR24-500 0x6bd
H24-100 0x66d
H21-100 0x466d

#6 OFFLINE   jagrim

jagrim

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:16 AM

Thanks. It makes sense that the 2nd Media server is WMP. Now that I understand that, does WMP offer anything that Tversity does not? If so, what?
If not, what do I need to do to get my Directv receivers/DVR's to not see it? I don't specifically remember doing anything in WMP to make it be seen by the Directv receivers.

Not exactly sure of how to do it but I believe you need to turn off sharing on the WMP. You can remove it from the library in WMP but I don't think that will do anything.

Edited by jagrim, 17 July 2010 - 07:17 AM.
Bad spelling

Protected By... spam firewall...And...