Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

60-in WD-60C9 Home Theater / DLP HDTV from Mitsubishi

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   scoops

scoops

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

I got one of these tv's from dell website all the reviews were great about the tv itself I was wondering if anybody here has one and could tell me how the picture going to look on directv hd and sd channels.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

Amazon reviews for it are quite good.

#3 OFFLINE   scoops

scoops

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

I have read lots of reviews on it just wondering to see if anybody had one
I am suppose to have it at my house today I will reply back to this thread to let you all knows how it looks

#4 ONLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

Cool. Let me know how it would look at angles. If I got one I'd have to put it in a corner, with living room seating along each wall. So angles would be at or >45 degrees.

#5 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:09 PM

Mine looks great after you calibrate it.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#6 OFFLINE   scoops

scoops

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:08 AM

finally got all the wires ie vcr,sound system,wii hooked up right
picture is amazing

what you mean calibrate it?

#7 ONLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:22 AM

picture is amazing

Can you please describe how the picture quality changes if you are viewing it at say a 45 degree angle, or even greater angle? Start by looking at it head on at say 8'ft back, then move slowly to those extreme angles. Any changes in quality? At what angle does it start to get worse?

#8 OFFLINE   gitarzan

gitarzan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:33 AM

I got one of these tv's from dell website all the reviews were great about the tv itself I was wondering if anybody here has one and could tell me how the picture going to look on directv hd and sd channels.

I got mine in December when Dell had it for $799, free shipping plus 20% Bing cash back. I just use one of the preprogrammed picture settings and it is great. I still like DLP over most of the other technologies.

The hour glass that pops up for a half second though when I want to change the volume annoys me for some reason.

Also, TV is 3D ready.

#9 ONLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

Those of you who have a 60-in WD-60C9....

1) I'd love to know more about viewing angles, can you estimate at what angle the picture starts to darken or blur?

2) Are you using the 3D? How much does it cost for 3D kit? What does the kit include? Is it compatible with the DirecTV 3D channels?

Thanks!

#10 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:48 AM

The 3D adapter kit costs around $100. The full 3D kit which also includes glasses, and a demo disc costs around $400.

I don't have a kit yet, so can't comment on 3d on D*

As far as viewing angles, I don't notice any drop off when I go from side to side. The drop off in quality happens when I move up or down.

So, if Im sitting on my couch the picture is great. If I stand up, the picture drops off just slightly. It's when I lay down on the floor and look up at the display that the drop off in PQ is most noticeable.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

Protected By... spam firewall...And...