Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Newbie Took The Leap

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JohnD33

JohnD33

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:21 AM

OK. Yesterday the Directv installer was here to set up my connected home. So now I have the following:
1. Existing HD DVR, HR21-700
2. New HD DVR HR24-100
3. New HD receiver H24-100
4. No internet connection.

Here is my question. Number 3 can schedule and view recordings on Number 2. However, Number 1 can't see Number 2 or be seen by 2 or 3. The installer said that overnight it would "fix itself". Still is not working. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Manctech

Manctech

Icon

• Registered
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:23 AM

OK. Yesterday the Directv installer was here to set up my connected home. So now I have the following:
1. Existing HD DVR, HR21-700
2. New HD DVR HR24-100
3. New HD receiver H24-100
4. No internet connection.

Here is my question. Number 3 can schedule and view recordings on Number 2. However, Number 1 can't see Number 2 or be seen by 2 or 3. The installer said that overnight it would "fix itself". Still is not working. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Is there a DECA unit connected to the back of the HR21-700.

It should be in-line with the satellite in feed. A short CAT5 jumper should be attached from the DECA unit to the Ethernet 1 port on the back of the receiver.

No other Ethernet should be connected. I had a service call where the tech didn't hook up the short ethernet jumper.

#3 OFFLINE   JohnD33

JohnD33

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:58 AM

Is there a DECA unit connected to the back of the HR21-700.

It should be in-line with the satellite in feed. A short CAT5 jumper should be attached from the DECA unit to the Ethernet 1 port on the back of the receiver.

No other Ethernet should be connected. I had a service call where the tech didn't hook up the short ethernet jumper.

I checked and there is a Deca with the ethernet jumper connected. The ethernet jumper on the receiver end has a light on it. There is also a SWIM ODU only box that is connected. It has ac power connected to it. Still seems like this HR21-700 is not seeing anything or being seen.
Thanks.

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,413 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

The HR21 & 24s are a bit tough to see each other when there isn't a router DECA to tell them.
They are having to use their own IP addresses and then search for each other. The 24 addresses are closer to each other than the HR21's, so yes it does take "a while".
What do the info screens show for your receivers under the network?

IP ??
network "connected"
etc.
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall