Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   coolh202

coolh202

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:09 AM

I have 4 DVRs (HR22-24) and got the upgrade yesterday. 3 are seeing each other just fine but a HR22 is not. It does not show "multi room" in the system menu but just "name location". Have the ethernet installed, DECA, forced software update, etc. but no luck. He said I need a new box but I have to believe there is something else going on. Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:01 AM

Could be a bad DECA module. Try swapping it with another one.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   coolh202

coolh202

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

Didn't work. swapped and rebooted both. Thanks anyways.

#4 OFFLINE   66stang351

66stang351

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Is the HR22 new? If so, did it get a software update when it was first connected? Some of the boxes still ship with non-national release software and may not support MRV out of the box. Check you software version in System Setup to make sure you have the national release software...currently 0x03DE.

#5 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

All three lights on the DECA green?
Is it pulling a valid IP address that is in the same range as the other receivers?

If yes, reboot the box, let it come up normally. After it has come up, either go online or call in and have the authorizations resent. It can take several minutes after the resend for the MRV service to kick in on the new box.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#6 OFFLINE   coolh202

coolh202

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

Resend authorization worked great. thanks for the tip!!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...