Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

media share and droid x

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   keithmerr

keithmerr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:30 PM

i have an hr-22 hooked up to a home network via ethernet and wireless router. why am i able to stream pics from my droid x and not videos shot with the camera?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,108 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:28 PM

I didn't realize the Droid had a media server (although I am not really surprised). Do the videos show up with an "X" in the list? That would indicate an incompatible format. Directv DVRs will only play MPEG2 videos and other formats must be converted or transcoded.

#3 OFFLINE   keithmerr

keithmerr

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

thanks. yes the new droid x has hd 720p recording capability and dlna media share capable

#4 OFFLINE   paragon

paragon

Godfather

• Registered
  • 354 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:05 AM

i have an hr-22 hooked up to a home network via ethernet and wireless router. why am i able to stream pics from my droid x and not videos shot with the camera?

how did you get the picture streaming to work? this is my first time using media share and i cant quite figure how to get the dvr to see the droid x. i was able to get my phone to see (but not play) my dvr's playlist.

#5 OFFLINE   n6nfg

n6nfg

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:00 AM

I don't have anything on my droid x to share, but I also experienced being able to see HR20 playlist on the droid x, but trying to play something to the phone results on "incompatible format". If anyone has a way to get HR videos playing on the droid x, please come forward!
HR20-100
HR20-700
H21-100

#6 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,108 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:06 AM

I don't have anything on my droid x to share, but I also experienced being able to see HR20 playlist on the droid x, but trying to play something to the phone results on "incompatible format". If anyone has a way to get HR videos playing on the droid x, please come forward!

Since the videos are encrypted, you are out of luck there. A "Directv2Droid" app would be nice, but don't hold your breath.

#7 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:02 AM

does the EVO have this feature as well?

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

#8 OFFLINE   taz291819

taz291819

Godfather

• Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

thanks. yes the new droid x has hd 720p recording capability and dlna media share capable

The Droid X is recording in mpeg-4, which the HR-series can't play back, as of now anyway.

#9 OFFLINE   ciurca

ciurca

Godfather

• Registered
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

You need a tversity app to run on the Droid so you can transcode the streaming videos to MPEG-2. No native file support on the HR2x boxes.
HR34
HR23
Slingbox Pro HD

Twitter -> @saltwater_rider
Facebook -> facebook.com/craig.ciurca

Protected By... spam firewall...And...