Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Error 721 on new HR24

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   elevans

elevans

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

I just setup a new HR24 and am getting error 721 channel not purchased for all Showtime channels and some HBO channels. Everything else works fine.

My other HR24 in an adjacent room gets reception on these channels. I've reset the new receiver several times and triple checked the settings. Setting it up in another room that works didn't help. I've also gone through troubleshooting with DTV over the phone several times and nothing has fixed the issue.

According to DTV, its a problem with the box, which I bought from 6th ave. I'm a bit skeptical that this is the case. Any thoughts?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,953 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

Have DirecTV reauthorize the service on the receiver or you can do the same thing from your online account page.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   elevans

elevans

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

Have DirecTV reauthorize the service on the receiver or you can do the same thing from your online account page.

I just had them reauthorize the receiver, but it didn't help. I also noticed that the showtime channels work in SD, but I get channel not purchased error 721 for HD.

#4 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,943 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

I just had them reauthorize the receiver, but it didn't help. I also noticed that the showtime channels work in SD, but I get channel not purchased error 721 for HD.

How long ago did they refresh services?

It can take a few minutes to happen.

Have you tried a menu restart?

Menu->Parental, Fav's & Setup->System Setup->Restart

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#5 OFFLINE   elevans

elevans

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:27 AM

How long ago did they refresh services?

It can take a few minutes to happen.

Have you tried a menu restart?

Menu->Parental, Fav's & Setup->System Setup->Restart

Mike

I've had them refresh it several times. I also did try a system restart, as well as unplugging it for a few min then plugging it back in. The channels still aren't working.

#6 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:27 AM

There are several different higher-level things they can do. I would get them back on the phone and make them wait until everything works.

And... :welcome_s to DBSTalk!
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#7 OFFLINE   elevans

elevans

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:29 AM

There are several different higher-level things they can do. I would get them back on the phone and make them wait until everything works.

And... :welcome_s to DBSTalk!

Thanks for the welcome! I've gone over this with them on the phone 4-5 times now and they insist that I must have a defective receiver. Would you all advise swapping out the receiver for a new one? All the other channels and features work.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...