Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Yet another Hornet-Free Season:

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   thebigjp

thebigjp

the 337's finest

• Gold Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 01:48 PM

In their second year, the official RSN of The New Orleans Hornets is Cox Sports-New Orleans, the only problem... no Satellite provider provides CS-NO!

Any other similar stories out there??
Keep it Real:)
Supporter, DBSTalk.com:)

Now celebrating 800
posts! :)

Our thanks to Nick, for pointing out this momentous occasion

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest_joe_*

Guest_joe_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2003 - 02:25 PM

philly

#3 OFFLINE   jrbdmb

jrbdmb

Icon

• Registered
  • 731 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 03:04 PM

Lots of examples ...

Phillies, 76ers, and Flyers are on Comcast Sportsnet - Philadelphia. Comcast will not sell the channel to any satellite provider.

Padres are on a Cox San Diego cable channel. This channel is not on any satellite provider.

Twins are moving to a new channel, Victory Sports One, next season. So far, this channel has not been picked up by any satellite provider.

Royals started a new channel (Royals TV?) this past season. This channel was not picked up by any satellite provider. Eventually the Royals allowed games to be shown on Fox Sports Midwest.

Sacramento Kings want to start their own network next year. But their current contract with Fox Sports Net has expired. Not surprisingly, Fox isn't interested in signing a new one year deal, and as of now only 25 Kings games will be televised this year.

Blazers *were* on cable channel ASCN (or is that ACSN?) for a season or two before the channel went under. This channel was never on satellite.

And lots more teams want to start their own RSNs, many of which might not be picked up by satellite ...

#4 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 09:40 PM

i dont have to worry about That cuz i can just walk over to my stepbrothers House and watch the sixers Like i have been doing the past 2 weeks

Plus he has a nice big tv
Mike
http://www.myspace.com/wnnnnnnnbc

xm sub as of/12/31/05

howard stern on xm channels 100-101 :)

#5 OFFLINE   Cyclone

Cyclone

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 09:54 PM

In the Washington/Baltimore area, Comcast bought up our RSN Home Team Sports (now Comcast Sports Net). Since HTS was already on D*/E* it remains there. But for how long.

Also Comcast Sports Net is in HD, but not on satellite.
I'm an angry gumball
Known Dish 6000 Tips and Tricks

#6 OFFLINE   shy007

shy007

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 03:21 AM

I'm waiting on the Charlotte Bobcats...... I hate the Hornets!!!!!!

#7 OFFLINE   Ronmort

Ronmort

Godfather

• Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 04:27 AM

The Chicago professional sports teams are also planning to exit FSN late next year and form their own RSN. I think Comcast is involved in this move too. I wonder if this will be a cable exclusive deal.

#8 OFFLINE   paulh

paulh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 08:49 AM

We need to convince the ego-centered athletes that agents that they are greatly reducing their visibility by signing a contract with a team that has no national presence with it's RSN. Have the athletes say, if your team is not on MLBEI or NBASP... then it will cost an extra $10mil

I'm kinda supprised that I've never heard an issue around here (Peoria, IL area) when Jim Thome signed with a team that doesn't allow his family to watch with a subscription.

#9 OFFLINE   Ronmort

Ronmort

Godfather

• Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 10:27 AM

NBA games are on League Pass even though they are not broadcast on an RSN. MLB games are only broadcast when they are on a satellite delivered RSN. MLB has to get control of the telecasts in the same manner as the NBA and the NHL. They have to expand their telecasts so all games are broadcast on the EI package.

spam firewall