Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Receiver not showing all channels

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pennStateFootball

pennStateFootball

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

I have an HR21-700. It seems to be having a problem lately with channels that aren't available all the time. Channel 641 is MASN2. Yesterday, the Orioles were on that channel. However, on that channel was just the Directv logo. 641-1 is the HD for that channel, that channel didn't even show up on my guide. So I went to my other DVR (HR22-100), the game was on both 641 and 641-1. So I restarted the HR21, no help. Then I reset it by pushing the red button. That fixed the problem. Now tonight, the Nationals are on MASN2 and both 641 and 641-1 show the directv logo. The HR22 works fine.

Since the MLB package was free this weekend, I checked some of those channels too and some channels worked and others didn't.

Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,119 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

... Now tonight, the Nationals are on MASN2 and both 641 and 641-1 show the directv logo. The HR22 works fine.

Since the MLB package was free this weekend, I checked some of those channels too and some channels worked and others didn't.

Any ideas?

The Nats are on MASN 640 right now, not MASN2.

Getting the O's vs Rays on 641 & 641-1.

Edited by sigma1914, 19 July 2010 - 07:04 PM.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   pennStateFootball

pennStateFootball

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

You're right. So I can't get the rays and orioles on 641-1. Any ideas?

#4 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,119 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

You're right. So I can't get the rays and orioles on 641-1. Any ideas?

Do you get the O's games, usually? Do you sub to EI? Try resending authorization: www.directv.com/resend (I think)
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   pennStateFootball

pennStateFootball

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

Yeah. I get orioles nationals and pirates all the time. I'll try the resend

#6 OFFLINE   pennStateFootball

pennStateFootball

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

Refresh did nothing. I think I need a new receiver

#7 OFFLINE   jim_arrows

jim_arrows

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

I guess this is my day for reviving old threads.

I've been having the same problem as the OP with MASN2-HD on 641-1; twice within the past week my hr24 has been unable to tune in to a live event on 641-1 whereas my hr21 sitting right next to it has no problem. As with the OP when I try to tune it on the hr24 I still see the D* logo and music that is typical of the channel between live events, but I know the channel is broadcasting just fine because I'm able to watch the game on the hr21.

It wouldn't seem to be an authorization problem since I'm getting the logo and not the blackout message - any thoughts? I'm hoping it's not a failing hardware issue with the hr24 since I paid weakknees $200 for it and don't want to play roulette with a replacement - I can't stand watching anything on the unresponsive hr21 after being spoiled by the hr24.

OP, if you see this can you comment on what your resolution was?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...