Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 went dead-got HR24 replacement free

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   finaldiet

finaldiet

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

Sat. my HR20 went dead. Tech came out and found problem with underground wiring. He was going to replace when I asked him about SWM. Said it would be easier than replacement. So he put up a SWM antenna and ran SWM wiring to my HR24 and other HR20 and all was under my protection plan. Also, they ran the original undergrond wiring number of years back. The tech guy was very efficient! Sweet that it turned out OK. Noticed when I tured on computer, media share had a direct tv program pop up about sharing photos,etc. Have to check it out.:D
Avatar says" Children are the only earthly possessions you can take with you to heaven, where are you taking yours"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike Greer

Mike Greer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

Sat. my HR20 went dead. Tech came out and found problem with underground wiring. He was going to replace when I asked him about SWM. Said it would be easier than replacement. So he put up a SWM antenna and ran SWM wiring to my HR24 and other HR20 and all was under my protection plan. Also, they ran the original undergrond wiring number of years back. The tech guy was very efficient! Sweet that it turned out OK. Noticed when I tured on computer, media share had a direct tv program pop up about sharing photos,etc. Have to check it out.:D

Great! It's great when things work out like that.

#3 OFFLINE   mfmathis

mfmathis

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

Hi finaldiet, just wondering if you got a HR24-100 or HR24-500. If you got the 100 model, have you tried VOD if you have it setup?

#4 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,802 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

Hi finaldiet, just wondering if you got a HR24-100 or HR24-500. If you got the 100 model, have you tried VOD if you have it setup?

Just downloaded a VOD on my HR24-100...downloaded fine...played back fine.

I also did a PPV about 10 days ago with no sweat via a remote control order.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#5 OFFLINE   finaldiet

finaldiet

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

I'm going to try it tomorrow. It's a 100. I'm going to call and see if they will give me a AM21 since I had OTA on the HR20. Hoping its free. Will let you know.
Avatar says" Children are the only earthly possessions you can take with you to heaven, where are you taking yours"

#6 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,018 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

VOD is fine on HR24-100 here.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#7 OFFLINE   cover

cover

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:03 PM

I'm going to try it tomorrow. It's a 100. I'm going to call and see if they will give me a AM21 since I had OTA on the HR20. Hoping its free. Will let you know.

If you end up with an AM21 connected to your HR24-100, please post your experience in this thread...

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=181359

Thanks

#8 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,706 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:25 PM

If they swap an HR20-700 with an HR24-xxx will they also provide the AMxx OTA tuner or do you have to purchase this separately?
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#9 OFFLINE   finaldiet

finaldiet

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:31 AM

They said I would have to buy the AM21. VOD works great. One question though, They gave me a new SWM set-up and the first antenna had 3 cones on it. IT said SWM on it. He then replaced it with a different antenna that had one cone attached to a square receiver. Not sure if that was a new type antenna or not. Any idea on this?

#10 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,018 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

They said I would have to buy the AM21. VOD works great. One question though, They gave me a new SWM set-up and the first antenna had 3 cones on it. IT said SWM on it. He then replaced it with a different antenna that had one cone attached to a square receiver. Not sure if that was a new type antenna or not. Any idea on this?

It's a SWM-8...not new. :)
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#11 OFFLINE   Mike Greer

Mike Greer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

It's a SWM-8...not new. :)

I think he is talking about going from a 5 LNB SWM or Non-SWM to a 3 SWM LNB on the Dish....

#12 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,018 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:05 PM

I think he is talking about going from a 5 LNB SWM or Non-SWM to a 3 SWM LNB on the Dish....

I had trouble reading. :lol:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...