Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Anyone else have MRV service removed from account for no reason?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

I just checked my bill and saw: "DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service - Disconnect Adj". I haven't called or made any changes to my account online. Why would they do this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,006 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:01 AM

Call and ask them...
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:13 AM

Just wanted to see if it was a widespread issue, especially for us unsupported folks on ethernet. I already got it restored, but they had no explanation for the mysterious disconnect.

#4 OFFLINE   Manctech

Manctech

Icon

• Registered
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

Bunch of guys I work with got their MTV removed from their gAP acct. They called D* ISS department and they said dtv did an Mrv audit and Dcd a bunch of beta accts

TWC Technician (Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson Area)

#5 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

Thanks, James. Makes sense. They got a little over zealous since I was a paying customer. I was really scratching my head there for a while, even re-flashed my router and wireless bridge before I thought to check my account status.

#6 OFFLINE   naijai

naijai

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:19 PM

I just checked my bill and saw: "DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service - Disconnect Adj". I haven't called or made any changes to my account online. Why would they do this?

What receivers do you have active on your account ?
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

DIRECTV employee since May 2003.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views DO NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#7 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

What receivers do you have active on your account ?

HR20 and H21. No SWM or DECA, just ethernet. All is reauthorized and working again after a phone call. I was just curious why. The audit makes sense, but I hope they didn't just zap everybody who didn't have a DECA install on record.

#8 OFFLINE   malarchuk

malarchuk

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:25 AM

Mine was disconnected recently for no reason recently. I have also been a paying customer running unsupported. I have two HD receivers - HR22 and HR23. I called back and went through the normal csr roulette, but no one would turn mrv back on for me unsupported. Every one of the csr's said that unsupported=beta and that had ended. They all told me that I was one of the lucky ones being able to run mrv unsupported but Directv finally caught up with me.

I told them that I wanted the whole home activated unsupported again and they told me the only way to do that would be upgraging to deca because whole home will not work over a home network. I made it all the way to customer retention and they told me the same thing.

Long story short I have been upgraded to deca and a receiver swapped all at no charge. I restarted my 2 year committment, but that is okay. I was trying to fight for unsupported, but they insisted on upgrading to deca.

The deca system is very cool and I got an h24 all at no charge. Directv needs to train their people better on the unsupported side of Whole Home.

#9 OFFLINE   Manctech

Manctech

Icon

• Registered
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

I'm pretty sure the audit involved deactiving any mrv that was attached to a non swm account.

had cm who's mrv was cut off running unsupported. csr flagged his acct as swm and reactivated it.

but usual theres the csr roulette. one has powers others don't or don't know they have.

and when I say swm flagged all accounts are flagged

the flags are

basic - no swm no mrv
swim = true - cm has swm

noProgramming - no mrv
Programming - mrv

so SWM = true noProgramming

means they have swm but no mrv

hope that makes sense

James - sent from my handheld

TWC Technician (Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson Area)

#10 OFFLINE   fornold

fornold

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:31 AM

I am non-swm and my unsupported MRV was not turned off. So it wasn't universal.

#11 OFFLINE   BK89

BK89

Legend

• Registered
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:58 AM

I think mine was turned off yesterday as well. it was really weird because I just hooked up a replacement HR reciever, so i thought it was a problem with the new DVR. I am non SWM over ethernet. Guess I will be calling tonight to have it turned back on. :(

Protected By... spam firewall...And...