Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

PPV still in list after delete.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   drpjr

drpjr

Icon

• Registered
  • 722 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

On 5-14 I used a freebie to watch Avatar in 1080p. I watched the movie in the evening to the end. The next mourning I went back and skimmed through many scenes checking out 1080p in more depth. When I was done I deleted it. About a month later I noticed it was back in the LIST but only on the box it was purchased from, not on my other two boxes. I deleted it again. Today I noticed it's back. It is in the "resume" position from when I stopped watching it before. There is an option to keep. It says it's good till 10-24. I have a few of questions.

1. Why does this keep showing up after I delete?

2. If I "resume" will I be charged again?

3. If I keep. What exactly am I keeping?

I assume that this just gives me the ability to watch/buy this again until 10-24 even if it becomes unavailable before then....EDIT: I should probably add that this is/was the only PPV I've ever done.

Edited by drpjr, 20 July 2010 - 07:21 PM.

HR34/HR24-500/Mits WD73C8
HR20-100 HR24-500//Samsung UN55F6350AF
SWiM Network w/MRV
AT&T 2Wire Gateway Modem/Router

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   HerntDawg

HerntDawg

Legend

• Registered
  • 242 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:20 AM

On 5-14 I used a freebie to watch Avatar in 1080p. I watched the movie in the evening to the end. The next mourning I went back and skimmed through many scenes checking out 1080p in more depth. When I was done I deleted it. About a month later I noticed it was back in the LIST but only on the box it was purchased from, not on my other two boxes. I deleted it again. Today I noticed it's back. It is in the "resume" position from when I stopped watching it before. There is an option to keep. It says it's good till 10-24. I have a few of questions.

I assume that this just gives me the ability to watch/buy this again until 10-24 even if it becomes unavailable before then....EDIT: I should probably add that this is/was the only PPV I've ever done.

1. Because you did not finish watching the movie.
2. No.
3. What you didn't watch. and the stuff before that.

#3 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

1. Because you did not finish watching the movie.

Possibly. More likely, I think, is just to tempt an "impulse buy" at a later date.

2. No.

I don't know about that... with PPVs, once you start watching you have 24 hours to finish. If you start watching this again (or resume), you should be prompted again asking if you want to buy it because in all likelihood, you will be charged again.

#4 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

I was thinking the OP bought Hot Bush 3: Natural Nymphos or Chocolate MILF 4 and wanted to delete the evidence before the Mrs got home. The thread would've gotten a lot more attention if that was the case....:lol::lol:
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#5 OFFLINE   scrybigtv

scrybigtv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 307 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

Possibly. More likely, I think, is just to tempt an "impulse buy" at a later date.
I don't know about that... with PPVs, once you start watching you have 24 hours to finish. If you start watching this again (or resume), you should be prompted again asking if you want to buy it because in all likelihood, you will be charged again.

Whoa! My PPVs have always been good for two or three months (can't recall the exact expiration cycle). I've watched many of them multiple times and have never been charged after the initial fee.

#6 OFFLINE   drpjr

drpjr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 722 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

This sound the most logical to me.

Whoa! My PPVs have always been good for two or three months (can't recall the exact expiration cycle). I've watched many of them multiple times and have never been charged after the initial fee.

That is interesting. I'll have to do a bit more research.
HR34/HR24-500/Mits WD73C8
HR20-100 HR24-500//Samsung UN55F6350AF
SWiM Network w/MRV
AT&T 2Wire Gateway Modem/Router

#7 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

The 24 hours applies only to movies. Events will stick around until you delete them. It may also only apply to the HD movies, but I'm not sure. When is the last time you ordered a PPV movie? The 24 hour rule has only been in place for several months now.

#8 OFFLINE   Buster1022

Buster1022

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

Just tell your wife that it is a typo, and it should say girls who eat gum.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...