Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HELP DTv Credits

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bofurley

Bofurley

Godfather

• Registered
  • 321 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:42 AM

I received the following credits on my June statemtent.
HD access 24 months -$10.00 free HD access
Premier $10.00 off sports for 6 month
Premier save $5/6 Months on Starz
Premier save $5/6 months on Showtime
Premier you Save $5 for 3 months
For a total of $35.00 a month.
These totals also showed up on my online account.
I then signed up for bill pay!
Then all the above credits disappeared.
I called DTv, billing and was assured these credits would be credited to me on my July bill.
Yesterday I checked my on line account - Would you believe NO CREDITS!
I called accounting and was told there was a glitch and that the credits would be credited on my next billing cycle!
Also was asked by the employee if I wanted to pay my bill then - I asked if it would be charged to my CC this month, and she said no it would not go into effect until next month.
Sure Enough, when I checked my online account later in the day, it said the bill had be charged to my CC card.
This morning I checked my online account, and there was a $5.32 credit, but no other credits!
Who should I call now!
Sorry this is so long
Thanks,

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,692 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:52 AM

call a CSR and ask them to escalate the matter, or email and explain the situation.

#3 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:03 AM

Call immediately.

If there is one thing I've learned (not just DirecTV, but most all companies) is that billing glitches, especially when they are in the company's favor, never get resolved by themselves.

#4 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,316 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:46 AM

Call immediately.

If there is one thing I've learned (not just DirecTV, but most all companies) is that billing glitches, especially when they are in the company's favor, never get resolved by themselves.

...and, of course, billing glitches in the customer's favor don't generate many complaints. :D

but I haven't seen any such glitches yet.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#5 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

...and, of course, billing glitches in the customer's favor don't generate many complaints. :D

but I haven't seen any such glitches yet.

Whenever I hear the word 'glitch' now, I always think of that scene from Office Space. Did you fire him? No, we fixed the glitch.

#6 OFFLINE   Bofurley

Bofurley

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 321 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:19 PM

Thanks to all for your help, answers and suggestions.
say-what, i took your advise - but called and talked to retention department, the csr is going to escalate this matter. She spent a lot of time checking it out, and it seems when I upgraded to the MRV, for some reason the system screwed up the credits. It is still shown on my account, but evidently not actually showing up on the statement. Any way, she asked me to call by in 72 hours, and hopefully it will be resolved.
The credits are still there.
Thanks to all.

#7 OFFLINE   plumfam4

plumfam4

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

I am also missing my monthly credits. Was told it was a system problem that DTV was working to correct.

#8 OFFLINE   Blaze

Blaze

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

I received the following credits on my June statemtent.
HD access 24 months -$10.00 free HD access
Premier $10.00 off sports for 6 month
Premier save $5/6 Months on Starz
Premier save $5/6 months on Showtime
Premier you Save $5 for 3 months
For a total of $35.00 a month.
These totals also showed up on my online account.
I then signed up for bill pay!
Then all the above credits disappeared.
I called DTv, billing and was assured these credits would be credited to me on my July bill.
Yesterday I checked my on line account - Would you believe NO CREDITS!
I called accounting and was told there was a glitch and that the credits would be credited on my next billing cycle!
Also was asked by the employee if I wanted to pay my bill then - I asked if it would be charged to my CC this month, and she said no it would not go into effect until next month.
Sure Enough, when I checked my online account later in the day, it said the bill had be charged to my CC card.
This morning I checked my online account, and there was a $5.32 credit, but no other credits!
Who should I call now!
Sorry this is so long
Thanks,

Call The Retention Department and (only) speak to them about this,

After you talk to that department have then note your account,have them read it back to you to make sure.

Then get the Person's name and Employee number and time/date of call place this somewhere safe, if this happens again you have all info needed notes etc..

#9 OFFLINE   Bofurley

Bofurley

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 321 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:09 AM

Thanks Blaze, that is good advise!
I have her name, as well as time and date, but not employee number.
plumfamily4, I was also told this last month, and as you can see from my post it still was not corrected.
My advise to you to to do what I did as well as what Blaze also suggested - call retention department!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...