Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MRV Upgrade - Didn't get HR24 but Tech Offered One Next Week?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   djt813

djt813

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:03 PM

I just had my MRV upgrade installation and the tech said upgrading my HR20 receiver was not part of the process. He did offer to swap it next week for a brand new HR24, for $50 outside of the D* upgrade process. My concern is will this new DVR be recognized by D* on my account or will it cause problems down the road? Perhaps he knows how to get me upgraded officially with D* and is willing to help make that happen for a few bucks?

Thanks for any feedback!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike Greer

Mike Greer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

Well, you do want an HR24 but it sounds like this guy is pulling a fast one on DirecTV (not you). I suspect he'll just say your HR20 was bad and swap it out then keep the $50. Be very careful!

#3 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

I would avoid it
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#4 OFFLINE   fiendz666

fiendz666

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:13 AM

Definitely sounds pretty shady

#5 OFFLINE   Manctech

Manctech

Icon

• Registered
  • 542 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

I would report it. I'm a technician and **** like this gives us a shady rep. Were issued equipment and the receivers are not tracked as to where they go. They are one of two statuses. Activated and Not Activated. For the time we carry that receiver it is in our inventory. Once activated (under any circumstance) that receiver is out of our inventory.

Since you have a 90 day warranty on the receiver he can return within 90 days and replace it over the phone at no charge to you, and no concern to him.

Really he's just screwing over D*. And while technicians get bent over by D* constantly, that crosses a moral and professional line.

TWC Technician (Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson Area)

spam firewall