Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP 722K TV1 to TV2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   maria_lbc

maria_lbc

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

Hi all,

My TV1 is in the bedroom (HD), I need to find out if I can, and how to make my TV2 HD and leave TV1 SD.

Is this possible without running any more wires?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   russ9

russ9

Godfather

• Registered
  • 384 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

The short answer is going to be no.

Your 722K has 2 HD outlets, a HDMI out, and a component out. The are both "TV1" and they both will show the same program.

You have additional composite/rca audio outputs for TV1 and TV2, they are SD. There is also a rf (cable) output which is SD.

Edited by russ9, 21 July 2010 - 04:36 PM.

Dishing it up since 4-4-1997
vip722K hooked up to a bunch of stuff. Like a bigger TV.

Soon to be on Dish network, explained by a BBC spokesman

#3 OFFLINE   samijubal

samijubal

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

Your post doesn't make any sense. You say your TV1 is HD then you ask how to leave TV1 SD.

#4 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

Not without running any more wires.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#5 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:28 PM

You'd need to tell us what wires you presently have and clarify what you want to do. IF the installer used a single coax run from the dish to the bedroom where the 722k is located, but then used some existing coax wiring to get the signal from that room to wherever your TV2 is located (I'm going to call it LR), you might be able to do this as long as that existing coax doesn't just go lots of places, have splitters, ...

As long as there is a single coax from the dish to BR and another single coax from BR to LR, you can use a pair of diplexers to carry the dish signal from its present location in the BR to the new location of the 722k in the LR via the diplexers and also bring the home dist from the 722k (now) in the LR back to the BR via that same diplexer pair.

There are other wiring situations where you could relocate the 722k from the BR to the LR that wouldn't require new wires, but I'm not sure you are asking about relocating the 722k. If you leave the 722k in the BR and want HD in the LR, you will have to have HDMI, Component, cat5 and balums, ... from the BR to the LR. The installer could have use diplexers to get the dish signal to the BR and brought the home dist back to the dish and added coax to the LR to carry it to your 2nd TV. The 722k could be reloacted to the LR and the diplexer pair moved with it.

You need to clarify the goal and identify where the 722k is presently located.

#6 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

It sounds to me like he wants to move the reciever to the TV2 location, which certainly 'possible' just as the above post explains. Its also possible to make both location HD, however not as easily. If both location are upstairs, it might be possible to run an HDMI thru the attic to TV2, an connect TV1 via component video. Of course this would mean both locations would be 'sharing' TV1's picture. ANd I believe you program the receiver so that TV1 uses UHF pro in addition to IR. Not sure if you can use the TV2 remotes 'aux' feature to control TV1 this way or not. might need a seperate UHF pro remote.

ps: I was at a house today where DIshnet had just done an install. They said there was a short in the HO's wiring. THey connected a 625 w/ 1 coax, an using a diplexer to feed tv2 signal to the Rec. Well I tested the cable, the cable was fine, I took out their diplexer's (which oddly enough were 2 different brands) an viola, signal came thru. Short my ass! I back feeded the TV2 signal on the 2nd coax at the recever location. Took me all of 10 mins to figure this out, how can E* installers be so stupid??

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

spam firewall