Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv AU9 LNB upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   epifano83

epifano83

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

I have a Directv AU9 none SWM LNB and would like to upgrade it. I was looking at just replacing the basic slimeline LNB with SL5s4r2-02 SWM LNB.

Should this Swim LNB slide into the LNB FEED ARM with no problem or have I purchased the wrong LNB.

I want to set my home up on DECA technology latter on after the upgrade.

any input on this would be greatly appreciated!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:40 PM

I have a Directv AU9 none SWM LNB and would like to upgrade it. I was looking at just replacing the basic slimeline LNB with SL5s4r2-02 SWM LNB.

Should this Swim LNB slide into the LNB FEED ARM with no problem or have I purchased the wrong LNB.

I want to set my home up on DECA technology latter on after the upgrade.

any input on this would be greatly appreciated!

Different dish manufacturers have different mounting schemes. You need to make sure you have the LNB from the correct manufacturer, If it is the same manufacturer, it should drop right in.

#3 OFFLINE   epifano83

epifano83

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

Thats what I pretty much Figured, I guess I'll find out as soon whenever I get my legs outside and switch them out and repeak the ODU.

I didn't snap on verifying it till after it came in, I noticed the LNB I have now has a notch in the center and the feed arm has a grove for it to slide in while the SWM LNB is smooth without any notches.

#4 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:21 AM

swm8 or 16 would be better since no lnb change needed and not limited to 8 tuners max like a swm dish.
Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#5 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:25 AM

All Slimline dishes will accept all Slimline LNBs regardless of manufacturer. That was NOT true of the early "sidecar" AT9 dishes, but is one of the features of the Slimline.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...