Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Guide or Scheduler Issue?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

Recently I'm noticing some strange scheduling of recordings, mainly on Syfy. I recorded Warehouse 13 last night and it also recorded the same episode again this afternoon at 3:00 pm. I was checking my todo list and Haven isn't scheduled to record Friday night at 10:00 pm, but is scheduled to record Saturday morning at 9:00 am. There are no conflicts on Friday and there was no problem with the recording last night of WH13, actually I noticed that WH13 was scheduled for both times all week. HR20-100 receiver.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:55 PM

I've noticed the same thing (double recordings of 1st-run shows). I think it may be a problem with how the Tribune service codes the metadata for some shows. But I also have never seen a Tivo do this since 1998, and have had at least one active since then. Maybe it is a shortcoming of how the HR interprets the metadata if it isn't formatted just so.

As far as showings missing altogether, that seems to be a flaw in recent OS up revs (at least the last two). You can prove it is hinky by selecting the show in the guide and pressing record. If multiple orange "R"s appear, that is a smoking-gun dead giveaway that a repeating recording would have been missed otherwise.

We have pleaded over and over with DTV to fix this glaring error which they broke now nearly a year ago, but they are stone-walling, either too clueless to fix it or too embarassed to even acknowledge it. I suspect a little bit of both, actually.
It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#3 OFFLINE   eckhart

eckhart

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

I had 2 recordings of Warehouse 13. One was in the wee hours of the morning.

#4 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

Recently I'm noticing some strange scheduling of recordings, mainly on Syfy. I recorded Warehouse 13 last night and it also recorded the same episode again this afternoon at 3:00 pm. I was checking my todo list and Haven isn't scheduled to record Friday night at 10:00 pm, but is scheduled to record Saturday morning at 9:00 am. There are no conflicts on Friday and there was no problem with the recording last night of WH13, actually I noticed that WH13 was scheduled for both times all week. HR20-100 receiver.

A little bit of a bother but when I get shows like that I set up a recurring manual recording. Menu-manage recordings-manual. It sets up like a VCR to record a particular time slot once a week or once a day, etc. The sports channels have shows that repeat several times a day.

#5 OFFLINE   mberg300

mberg300

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:24 AM

I had the 2 recordings of Warehouse 13 as well. One thing I noticed was that the normal showing did not have the HD designation, but the one re-recorded in the early am did.

#6 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

I just checked my todo list and Warehouse 13 isn't scheduled to record on Tuesday or anytime according to the todo list.

Dang, I really don't want to be checking my todo list constantly to make sure the box is doing it's most basic function. :(

I have a Moxi with a limited Cable selection and it has everything scheduled to record correctly.

#7 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

Mine currently has the monday 8/2, 10:00 pm episode listed as to be recorded, rather than the Tuesday episode this week. Interestingly, the Monday episode is listed as HD, while the Tuesday episode is not. I wonder if it is favoring the HD (coded) episode over the earlier one.
DogLover

My Setup

#8 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

Mine currently has the monday 8/2, 10:00 pm episode listed as to be recorded, rather than the Tuesday episode this week. Interestingly, the Monday episode is listed as HD, while the Tuesday episode is not. I wonder if it is favoring the HD (coded) episode over the earlier one.

I just looked at mine and it has the Monday 8/2 scheduled to record, I might have missed it earlier, I bet I did miss it and you are right about the HD portion. And now that you mention it, the Haven that I manually set to record last night isn't listed as HD in the list of recordings. That does seem to have a bearing on the weird scheduling on Syfy.

It's frustrating that this kind of stuff happens, you'd think that they wouldn't have these kind of bugs, especially on same time same old routine programs. I wish they would get it fixed. But like I mentioned earlier, my Moxi is set to record first run and it has all the right times for all the Syfy shows.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...