Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Incorrect Guide Data

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chadb97

chadb97

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:43 AM

Has anyone else noticed that the guide data is incorrect on a few channels in a few time slots. For example I have Dora the Explorer set to tape on nick east at 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Nickelodeon must have changed the show at that time slot because Sponge Bob is on at that those time slots now and not Dora. Also last night at 9:00 p.m. my wife was flipping channels and noticed that Income property was on HGTV at 9:00 p.m., but the guide data said Holmes on Homes was on. I've noticed incorrect guide data on a few other channels as well, but these are two firm examples that I can remember the channel, show, and time.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   joshferg

joshferg

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:54 AM

I noticed this also. My DVR was set to record Holmes on Homes but when I tried to watch it some other show was recoreded.

#3 ONLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,420 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:56 AM

Yeah, I noticed this on Nick also. The guide showed Penguins of Madagascar but it was Spongebob instead.

I checked at zap2it.com (they supply the guide data) and the info there was the same as my D* guide. I went ahead and reported it so they could get it fixed. I just checked and it looks like they haven't got to it yet.

You can report it here.

Edited by Go Beavs, 22 July 2010 - 09:00 AM.
typo

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#4 OFFLINE   tsduke

tsduke

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

Noticed the same thing on Holmes on Homes last night. It was in the guide, but show wasn't on.

#5 OFFLINE   doctrsnoop

doctrsnoop

Godfather

• Registered
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

I have noticed problems with Nick as well. I was thinking of starting a similar thread.

5 - HR22-100 4 via regular ethernet, 1 via DECA, 2 HR21-700 networked via regular ethernet, HR21-100 networked via DECA, H25-500
R15-500 Inactive, H20-600 (ECO 2.0) inactive,D11 (Humax LD2060) inactive
Slimline 5 w/ SWM8 parallel w/ SWM16 w/DECA

#6 OFFLINE   DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:05 AM

yup, we've been getting lots of weird issues with our recorded kids shows on Nick networks and sprout too I think.
  • Swim LNB
  • HR21-200 Bonus Room
  • HR24-200 Family Room
  • H24-100 Bedroom
  • MRV enabled

#7 OFFLINE   primetime

primetime

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

I've noticed a lot of the channels have no guide data available. I first noticed it on just a few channels on Tuesday (07/20) night and then last night Wed. (07/21) there were even more channels with no guide data. Most were in the 230 to 271 area as the Lifetimes, Style, History International, etc. in there were all blank. USA was all blank except for the Psych episode at 9PM CT. There were probably over a dozen channels that normally have the programming listed and were for some reason blank.

I'm not at home right now to look but I think there was another block with a lot of holes up around the Disney and Nick areas of the channels as well.

#8 OFFLINE   jefbal99

jefbal99

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

Nick has been really bad for the past two weeks, moved lots of stuff around, TMS is way behind.
Receiving Equipment: AU9 Slimline w/Zinwell WB68 & SWM 8 | Winegard MS-2000 w/PS-1503 Power Injector
Living Room: HR22-100 w/AM-21 | Samsung HL-S4266W (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV | Pioneer HTS-GS1 5.1 | Yamaha DV-S6160 (Component/Digital Coaxial)
Bedroom: H21-200 w/AM-21 | Westinghouse LVM-42w2 (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV
Home Theatre: HR20-100 | Sanyo PLV-Z60 (Component/Optical) | Flexio 16:9 100" Screen | Ethernet MRV |Yamaha YHT-690 | XBox 360 (Component) | Harmony 880

#9 OFFLINE   NewView

NewView

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:18 AM

Yep . . I've seen this a couple times as well.

I setup Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole to record as a series and just last night I began watching it. I had perhaps 5-6 shows recorded and two of them were the wrong titles and wrong shows entirely. In fact I had two that were tited differently but in fact were the same show. It really messed up my series recording cause now my DVR "thinks" I've already recorded one show when in fact I have not.

I've also ended up with a couple movies that were entirely different than what they were supposed to be.

#10 OFFLINE   VARTV

VARTV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 457 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA, USA

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:24 PM

I noticed this also. My DVR was set to record Holmes on Homes but when I tried to watch it some other show was recoreded.

The shows that air at 6P EDT are on the air like listed but the program summary is all wrong... :rolleyes:

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information

With DirecTV since October 2004. My complete setup on 1/1/2013...

#11 OFFLINE   phodg

phodg

Mentor

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

I've noticed a lot of the channels have no guide data available. I first noticed it on just a few channels on Tuesday (07/20) night and then last night Wed. (07/21) there were even more channels with no guide data. Most were in the 230 to 271 area as the Lifetimes, Style, History International, etc. in there were all blank. USA was all blank except for the Psych episode at 9PM CT. There were probably over a dozen channels that normally have the programming listed and were for some reason blank.

I'm not at home right now to look but I think there was another block with a lot of holes up around the Disney and Nick areas of the channels as well.

I had that problem with one of my DVRs a couple of weeks ago. I refreshed it through the web site and then everything showed up OK.

#12 OFFLINE   devaska1

devaska1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

NickHD has been doing this for a few weeks here I set a series recording for SpongeBob and it's recording iCarly instead, not every time but enough to be annoying...

#13 OFFLINE   teachsac

teachsac

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:50 AM

Yeap, I went to record 24 Hour Restaurant Wars on Food Network and it was an Old Iron Chef.

S~

#14 OFFLINE   ChoralScholar

ChoralScholar

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:55 PM

I don't know about HGTV and Food Network, but apparently with Nickelodeon, it's intentional.

http://consumerist.c...ve-reasons.html

Protected By... spam firewall...And...