Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Customers -- Check your bills

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jimd909

jimd909

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

If you are a new customer, check your bill this month. DTV is having problems issuing credits.

They missed $63 worth for me. I got them last month (first month) and they said there system has a glitch and missed a bunch of peoples credits.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:19 PM

Yeah they messed mine up too. Good thing I have auto bill pay so I can front them some money until the next bill...
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#3 OFFLINE   kevinwill1

kevinwill1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:21 PM

Did they say what the issue was, or give an ETA for resolution?

KEVIN W

#4 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,434 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

New, old, directv, electrical, cell phone.

everyone should always check their bills.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#5 OFFLINE   jimd909

jimd909

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

Did they say what the issue was, or give an ETA for resolution?

KEVIN W

They said I would have the credits added to my next bill. They didn't say except that it was a glitch and my bill was one of them. It sounded like it wasn't everyone...just some people?

#6 OFFLINE   jimd909

jimd909

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

New, old, directv, electrical, cell phone.

everyone should always check their bills.

:thats: Comment = Not necessary... :confused:

#7 OFFLINE   hallrk

hallrk

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:04 AM

If you are a new customer, check your bill this month. DTV is having problems issuing credits.

They missed $63 worth for me. I got them last month (first month) and they said there system has a glitch and missed a bunch of peoples credits.

Thanks for the heads up. Mine was OK though.

#8 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:42 AM

Just checked -- I got my $10 HD credit, and my $10 referral credit, and I don't have autopay.

#9 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

And some still wonder why there is hesitation to signing up for autopay.
When news breaks...we fix it.

#10 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

And some still wonder why there is hesitation to signing up for autopay.

I know from experience with Verizon that it takes much longer to straighten out an autopay bill than a normal bill.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#11 OFFLINE   finaldiet

finaldiet

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:26 AM

I just received a $49 credit for HD access. Checked my bill and it has it. Anyone else?
Avatar says" Children are the only earthly possessions you can take with you to heaven, where are you taking yours"

#12 OFFLINE   DGF9600

DGF9600

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

Just checked my bill. I'm a long time customer but switched to autopay 2 cycles ago. They missed the $10 HD access and a mover's connection Showtime / Starz credit ($24). Per a phone call it is a glitch in the back office and they will be correcting in the future.

Watch your bills. :(

#13 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

I got a nice phone call yesterday apologizing to the mixup. :)

They told me that bills that come on the 16th, 17th, and 18th were having the problems and I will see a basically a double credit within the next couple months.

Good thing I signed up for auto-pay... they get to borrow about $30 bucks from me for a couple months...
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#14 OFFLINE   ButchHandy

ButchHandy

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:51 AM

Here is my comment to someone on one of the other boards about this exact issue:

The same billing issue has shown up for me. I signed up two months ago, and got what I feel is a great deal, especially with all the free hardware I got out of it also.

But...two days ago, I get my bill, and most of my credits are missing. I call them up, and they say there is a problem with billing and they are aware of it. I tell the CSR that they should credit me for the interest they are going to earn on my extra $63 they took out of my bank acct. (Yes, I know it isn't actually that much money...). I was just trying to make a point to the CSR that if they did this "glitch" to a LOT of people, that extra money they sit on for 30 days could add up to big bucks for DIRECTV.

The CSR transferred me to the ACE group. The girl I was talking to was very nice, but you could tell she didn't want to hear any BS. She checks my acct, and here is the basic rundown of what she told me:

1 - Your billing date is the 17th.
2 - Your credit date is the 20th.
3 - Your money was taken on the 18th.
4 - Because your credit date is after your billing date, you won't see the credit until the next month.

-So...I ask her why my first bill was correct.
-She says that all first bills are correct.

-I ask her why did a couple of my credits come through fine on my 2nd bill, if my credit date is the 20th.
-She said the date for those were the 17th.

-I ask why my credit dates would be different, since everything was applied at the same time to begin with, including me filling out the online rebate forms two weeks before my install was done, so that all of my credits would show up starting on day 1.
-She says she doesn't know.

-I then ask her "If you say that my credits are given on the 20th, then why are they not showing up online, since today is the 20th?"
-Her response: "Oh....<long pause>....I will have to give this to the next level to look into. Your credits should be showing by now, but they don't. Something is wrong with your account, and someone higher up will have to look into it."

Yeah....you think?

So, I tell her to have someone contact me to let me know when to look at the online system to see my credits are applied, and she said she would have someone contact me. I will NOT hold my breath for that! They have NEVER called me back for anything when they said they would.

I also told her that if my billing date, and my credit date were truly on different dates, (don't know why in the world that would be, and basically, I don't believe her about that), then they need to get that fixed so that everything was in sync.

Anyone on the inside got any info about what is going on with this "billing issue"? I'm not stressing over it, but it just really sucks that I had to spend an hour on the phone to discuss an issue that the ACE CSR basically wanted to "lightly" argue with me about, and basically lie to me to hopefully get me off the phone, only to discover that what she told me contradicts herself, and that there actually is an issue with my acct, or that the "billing issue" is larger than she thought.

As of today, I have not heard back from anyone. I will give them a few more days to see what happens, and if the credits show up online or not.

Just a pain in the butt though....Would be nice if they could keep the customer in the loop on their "problem", so that we don't have to keep checking in with them.

#15 OFFLINE   basschica

basschica

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:56 AM

I am having the same issue. My service was installed on June 19. My first bill was completely correct w/ a total of $41.99. I had filled out my rebate requests before the install date and they both say "approved" on the rebate page. Furthermore, the movie channel 3 month rebate thing is automatic, no interaction required to get, so that isn't even a rebate rebate. I would have NOT had it included, but you can't even de-select that in the installation signup on the web site. I intended to cancel it. I'd do it now but that will no doubt screw up their credits.

My bill date is 7/20. I have no idea what the "invoice date" and "credit date" is in my case, but I suspect there's not even a difference.

My bill has the $5 1st receiver credit

Missing credits:
$10 HD for life (if you enroll in autopay...which was the ONLY reason I did...reluctantly)
$24 Starz / Showtime credit
$29 in programming credits for 1st year (those are the only rebate ones that you submit... $5 and $24)

I called on 7/21 (gave them a day to see if it would fix itself). When I called I got the run around, finally I asked to be transferred to retentions. The guy there had no idea the problem was happening. He had me on hold quite awhile and finally said the credits would show up by midnight. They never did.

I called again today on 7/26 and asked about the issues. I definitely had a call center person in India. She apologized for the issue and they're working to resolve it within a month. I said my bank draft against my debit card will occur on 8/3 wanted to know if it will be fixed by then and she said she *thought* so. Awesome. Then she said it would be within this month like by the end of July, which was different than she originally said.

I don't care about credits for next month's bill. I don't want to loan them $63, which is like a month and a half of payments ahead of time. This is purely based on principle as I do have the money, but someone "not paying attention" could overdraft their checking if they didn't look at the invoice. I'm sure they don't intend to refund that to anyone. I know I can stop an ACH debit 1 time from my bank, but I called and confirmed....can't do that for debit cards. They have an option to report a card lost to freeze all transactions for like 7 days, but after that you would have to cancel or remove the freeze. No doubt the charge would continue to be attempted by DirecTv and happen immediately too. It costs $7.50 to replace a card by the bank too. My understanding if you quite the "autopay" option for DirecTv it doesn't actually completely remove it for a month, so it will still charge your card if you remove it today.

Ugh.... such a load of crap. I don't care if they have to manually adjust any accounts they credited after they fix things because they would otherwise double credit. It's their fault not mine.

#16 OFFLINE   ibmman69

ibmman69

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:04 PM

My first bill is wrong. They charged me twice for HD access. This is ridiculous. I thought the cell phone companies were the worst for billing errors. Before someone asks, no, they aren't for different time periods, and no, there aren't two free HD for life credits.

The good news is all my promotional credits are on there.

#17 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:08 PM

They didnt give you free HD for life? Thought new customers got that. Worth a call to ask.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#18 OFFLINE   ibmman69

ibmman69

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

They didnt give you free HD for life? Thought new customers got that. Worth a call to ask.

It is free. They offset the charge with a credit. Problem is there are two charges and only one credit.

#19 OFFLINE   masterblaster8987

masterblaster8987

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

Check your statements!! I have been with D* over ten years and lately they can't get their billing right. I called them the day the billing email was sent. The csr told me it was a glitch in the system and they will fix it before the payment was taken from my account. Today I get the phone message apology with a "do not call" tone. Sounds like we all should flood the phone banks and demand credit for the hassle. Only to never see those credits...:nono:

#20 OFFLINE   basschica

basschica

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:13 AM

I received a voicemail this morning stating that they were aware of the billing issues, etc. and that it would be credited on my next month's invoice (basically same as what I've been told when calling so far). I logged into my online account and I show:

Amount Due
$41.99

...which is the correct amount. The amount on the invoice was $104.99. What I'm wondering is, if you receive a credit mid-month, does the automatic payment take the statement balance due or current amount due (if it's less) out on the draft date? Does anyone have experience with this? When I had DirecTV previously I did not have automatic payments, so when this happened then, I would just pay current balance and never had issues. It seems the automated has a mind of its own. I honestly don't trust it not to take out the $104.99. I think I'm going to go to manual payments. This isn't worth $10 less a month.

It's also extremely fantastic that you can't cancel the movie channels (that I didn't want) that come with the new install without calling customer service. The option is grayed out on the account web interface.

spam firewall