Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
HR20 1080p VOD Issuesall-in-one
Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:42 PM
Reciever: HR20 (original issue)
Software: Latest (5/25/2010)
Connectivity: HDMI (1080p with both native On and Off tried)
Audio/Video Reciever: Onkyo 805 (1080p)
HDTV Set: Sony Bravia KDL46XBR2 1080p (3 years old)
I can watch 1080p Blu-ray movies and games on my PS3 just fine, so why having problems with D* 1080p VOD?
Called tech support twice. No help. They went over everything I did before calling.
What else can I do?
Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:24 PM
Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:43 PM
Your TV probably does not support 1080p/24 which is what DirecTV uses for VOD. Just watch the program in 1080i. The PQ will probably be identical, because 1080i/60 contains the same picture information as 1080p/24.
In the setup, I went to HDTV and then Resolutions and switch off all but 1080i and it worked! I can now watch the movie just fine!
Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:35 PM
- H21-100 (2) to: Sony KDL46XBR2 LCD (HDMI), Sony KDL46W3000 LCD (HDMI)
- HR20-700 to: Mitsubishi HD 60" Rear-Projection (component)
- 3LNB Slimline with Zinwell WB616 and WB68
- Gefen 2-way HDMI 1.3 splitters on HR20-100 and HR22-100
- Yamaha RX-V2065/V800/V2090/V1070, YSP800
- Thunder provided by M&K, Def Tech subs