Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Autopay and mailed monthly statements

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BennyGregg

BennyGregg

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:08 AM

With autopay, do you still get mailed monthly statements?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   teachsac

teachsac

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:22 AM

Right now I do. You stop when you sign up for paperless.

S~

#3 OFFLINE   Ruffread

Ruffread

Godfather

• Registered
  • 489 posts
  • LocationVista, CA

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:59 AM

I've had two months in which my monthly payments were taken from Visa, and I received printed statements showing transactions and balance of zero.

#4 OFFLINE   NewForceFiveFan

NewForceFiveFan

Legend

• Registered
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

I switched over to Directv from Dish Network back in May. With Dish I was on paperless billing but still made a manual debit card payment once a month a couple days before due date. This and my Cox Internet bill were the last two items I was doing manual payments for since I began using autopay methods over a decade ago. After switching to Directv I went with paperless billing and autopay using my debit card and so far it's worked out fine and billed correctly on the date my account says it will. If you've ever had Dish Network you'd agree their website, especially for account access, really sucks compared to Directvs. The ease of use with Directv's site and wanting to Go Green completely is what convinced me to do autopay.

#5 OFFLINE   gfrang

gfrang

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

I can't figure out my bill because they always add this and subtract that it makes my head spin. I just go paperless and hope for the best,less ware and tear on the brain cells.

#6 OFFLINE   Dazed & Confused

Dazed & Confused

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

I've been on auto-pay for quite some time, and always use to get a statement. They asked me numerous times via Email about going paperless. I never agreed to it, but the statements just stopped coming anyway about a year ago. They must have inferred my agreement to go paperless, or just said screw him.:lol:

#7 OFFLINE   ronsanjim

ronsanjim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts
  • LocationCherokee Village, AR

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

Not everyone is computer literate, or even have a computer. My wife never uses my computer, so if D* decides to forego printed statements, I would cancel immediately.

#8 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,908 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

I like the statements because I like to read the inserts. Weird, right?
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...