Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

AM21?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tsbrady1

tsbrady1

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:53 AM

Is the AM21 fully integrated to the H or HR24, what I mean is does it work through the same remote, channel guide, on/off ect....I only use OTA for heavy rain fade episodes and looking at the local radar on 11-2, wife isn't going to like it if she has another remote and has to search another guide or menu to find programs

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,877 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:00 AM

Is the AM21 fully integrated to the H or HR24, what I mean is does it work through the same remote, channel guide, on/off ect....I only use OTA for heavy rain fade episodes and looking at the local radar on 11-2, wife isn't going to like it if she has another remote and has to search another guide or menu to find programs

YEs.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#3 OFFLINE   tsbrady1

tsbrady1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

hasan, Thanks for the quick reply!

#4 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,877 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

hasan, Thanks for the quick reply!

While I don't have a 24 (color me jealous), I use an AM21 with both an HR21-200 and H21-200 and they work fine. There may be some "startup" bugs with the AM21 and HR24/H24 series, so be patient with it. It will work properly, given some time. I've read a few posts about issues, but this is to be expected with any new marriage between the AM21 and a new sat box. It is designed to work, and it will, but give it some patience if you experience some problems (be sure to report them, of course.

Glad to help, welcome aboard!

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#5 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,997 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:46 AM

There have been some reports of issues with playback of recordings made on a HR24/AM21 combination. I have seen this a few times but watching live OTA programs has not been an issue. Since the HR24 is still quite new, and uses a different processor, the software probably still needs a bit of tweaking but it has improved since the introduction and I have no reason to doubt that it will continue to get better (a new software version is anticipated to be released soon).

#6 OFFLINE   tsbrady1

tsbrady1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:48 AM

I don't have the 24 yet but VOS bought up an interesting concept in another thread, I have HR20-700s and wanted to get a HR24 for the upcomming football season because I channel surf so much and could use the increase in speed. VOS suggested on getting a H24 and use the HR20's as "servers" and saving $100 so I am now leaning that way.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...