Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Auto-recording baseball games that are on both regional Fox Sports and MLB channel

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wingtoc

wingtoc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

Hi, I'm new to DirecTV and don't know how to handle this situation. I'm trying to record all Atlanta Braves games. (sorry other NL East fans out there ;)) The trouble is that the "Record Series" function doesn't work for the games (when they're on our regional sports stations), and the alternative recording method (an auto-recording Keyword Search called Atlanta Braves) causes the To Do List to show that the same game will record on both the MLB channel and on our local sports stations. This, of course, causes other programs to get bumped.

The "Record Series" function works for normal tv shows on Fox Sports Net and SportSouth, but for Braves games it's not available as an option. In the guide, when I select a game playing/scheduled on FSN or SS and click the "R" button, the first button press puts an orange R next to the game, but the second press removes the R. When I select the game and view the "Info" screen, the option "Record Series" isn't there. The only options there are Record, View Upcoming, and Done. (Record Series is there for the games on MLB, but...not only are those "Braves game or Another game", they also don't show all the games like the combo of FSN/SS )

This is why I've resorted to the auto-recording Keyword Search, but it has the problem I mentioned above. To use the auto-recording Keyword Search, is there a way to make the system totally ignore games on the MLB channel?

Or how can get the Record Series to work? Or what should I do?

Thanks for your help.

HR24 DVR

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,839 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

Use a boolean auto record...(This should work)

AALL Braves Live NNOT Post CCHAN 646 649
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   wingtoc

wingtoc

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

That looks like it worked great(ly)! Many thanks!

I've looked around but can't find full instructions to do boolean searches. Where can I find them?

Thanks again.

Edited by wingtoc, 23 July 2010 - 09:50 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:48 AM

This post has lots of detail.
DogLover

My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,201 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:19 AM

This post has lots of detail.

Wow, I had no Idea you could do all that. Thanks for pointing us to that post.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#6 OFFLINE   wingtoc

wingtoc

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:50 AM

Thanks DogLover.

#7 OFFLINE   hdjii

hdjii

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

Is there a way to automatically record the St. Louis home broadcasters for the Cardinals games in the Extra Innings programming without getting the broadcasts for the opposition teams?

Howard

#8 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,839 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

Is there a way to automatically record the St. Louis home broadcasters for the Cardinals games in the Extra Innings programming without getting the broadcasts for the opposition teams?

Howard

AALL Cardinals Live NNOT Post CCHAN 671

Don't worry...even though 671 is FSNMW, these channels open during games since you have EI.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#9 OFFLINE   hdjii

hdjii

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

Actually, my problem is how to record the home broadcast team vs the opponent's broadcast team. For example, tonight the Cards/Met game in shown in the guide on 730-1 and 731-1. One of these is the the broadcast by the "good guys" and the other is by the Mets broadcasters. Not only is the channel info the same as far as I can tell, the DTV website doesn't always show which is which either. In those cases, I am currently just recording both channels to make sure I get the one I want. I was hoping there was a better way.

Howard

#10 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,839 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

Actually, my problem is how to record the home broadcast team vs the opponent's broadcast team. For example, tonight the Cards/Met game in shown in the guide on 730-1 and 731-1. One of these is the the broadcast by the "good guys" and the other is by the Mets broadcasters. Not only is the channel info the same as far as I can tell, the DTV website doesn't always show which is which either. In those cases, I am currently just recording both channels to make sure I get the one I want. I was hoping there was a better way.

Howard

Away team is listed first. Example... Cards @ Mets ...Cards are 730-1 ...Mets are 731-1.

#11 OFFLINE   hdjii

hdjii

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:24 PM

Thanks, that will help with manual scheduling.

I would note that DirectTV lists 731-1 in the Cardinals specific schedule "See your favorite team's schedule here" and does not show 730-1. This is misleading at best. The schedule updates are not timely either.

Howard

spam firewall