Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
H24 is 1080i the max?
Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:37 AM
The 1080i light on the front is the highest it will go.
Is this normal?
I guess 1080p is for only certain programs?
I have no clue what I'm doing
||...Ads Help To Support This Site...||
Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:40 AM
Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:17 PM
Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:11 PM
DirecTV's HD receivers do a pretty good job of autodetecting a TV's supported formats (except for a few TV models that mis-report their capabilities), so if you don't have 1080p selected, most likely your TV doesn't support it, and selecting it will not do anything for you.
Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:35 PM
I'll break it down for you.
...I have no clue what I'm doing
1) Turn on TV
2) Turn on DVR
3) (optional) Turn on sound system
4) (also optional) Pour drinks / pop popcorn
5) Sit, watch, and enjoy
6) Worry about nothing else. Especially not about 1080p vs 1080i vs 720p.
That's all there is to it.