Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Question about outside DTV setup

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

Pretty low. Get them to peak your dish when they come out.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   lilstone87

lilstone87

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

Ok, and here is the other two. Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

Agreed. Sounds like your tech sucked or just didn't care.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#24 OFFLINE   lilstone87

lilstone87

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

Yeah I don't know much about DTV and there signals, So thanks to you guys for the help. I added the 103(ca), and 103(cb) SS above also. I will make sure to mention this to the guy who comes out wednesday.

#25 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

those signals are ok for fair weather, but wont stand up looking through any yellows or reds on your local weather radar. Signals in the high 80s and mostly 90s will keep your picture through the yellows, but nothing will keep the picture through the reds (by reds, Im referring to the red on your local weather radar, when the red is between your dish and the satellite).

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#26 OFFLINE   lilstone87

lilstone87

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:18 PM

Yeah I don't expect to have signal threw the bad storms. I think I'm check the signal again tomorrow when I know its for sure clear sky's outside.

#27 OFFLINE   Grydlok

Grydlok

Icon

• Registered
  • 749 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:00 AM

Yeah I don't expect to have signal threw the bad storms. I think I'm check the signal again tomorrow when I know its for sure clear sky's outside.

So those where the reading during the storms in N.VA last night?
Hypocrites with fake rumors need not apply.

#28 OFFLINE   lilstone87

lilstone87

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

So those where the reading during the storms in N.VA last night?

Well it wasn't storming when I took the pics of the signal levels. But it did storm yesterday evening, and I'm guessing the sky's were still covered pretty good. Because I look at all 3 signal pages today, and everything ranged from 87-94. So thats looks to be good. I just don't understand how easy the HD goes out sometimes still.
My setup is 2 HD boxes, and 2 HD DVRs. I'm guessing the reasoning behind the loss of signal when someone is mowing grass close to the big splitter, the motor from the lawn mower causes this issue.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...