Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DVR Scheduler no longer sees certain channels

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Tom Servo

Tom Servo

Icon

• Registered
  • 950 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:37 PM

I seem to have found a bug with the DVR Scheduler (m.directv.com) for mobile devices. It seems that since the HD Extra pack was moved to the 500's, those channels have disappeared from the service. I've tried searching for shows on those channels, the channel name ("MGMHD" for example) and even the channel number. Nothing comes up.

This means it's impossible to schedule shows on these channels remotely or browse a channel-by-channel schedule, which is something the full TV list at the DirecTV main site cannot seem to do.

The affected channels are Hallmark Movies, MGM, HDNet Movies, Palladia, Universal, Crime & Investigation and Smithsonian.

Also, on a lark, I put in the title of one of the newer premium HD channels, SHNXHD (I guess this is Showtime Extreme HD?) It didn't come up, either.

I'd call DirecTV about this but the CSRs are clueless when it comes to the DVR Scheduler.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:53 AM

So use the contact us link on their website. I can find those channels but they do come up under their old numbers. You could schedule something and see if the system just hasn't updated the channel number. Since it can find new shows I bet it would record.

#3 OFFLINE   NaperDan

NaperDan

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:08 AM

I am able to see them on my droid DTV app.
D*tv'er since the beginning...

#4 OFFLINE   Tom Servo

Tom Servo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 950 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:24 PM

That's really strange. I am not finding any new shows on the missing channels unless they're available via VOD through m.directv.com.

I'll send off an e-mail to them, but the last time I asked for help they totally missed the point and tried to schedule a receiver replacement for something that was on their end.

Edited by Tom Servo, 31 July 2010 - 03:30 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   Tom Servo

Tom Servo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 950 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:59 PM

I'll send off an e-mail to them, but the last time I asked for help they totally missed the point and tried to schedule a receiver replacement for something that was on their end.

Shocker, but they were unable to help. The e-mail I sent was basically a copy of the first post in this thread. Here's the reply:

I am sorry to hear about the technical trouble scheduling program to record on your DVR receiver through DVR scheduler. As you know, on March 31, 2010, the HD channels in 70s channel range were moved to make room for more HD channels.

These are the affected channels and their new channel numbers:

OLD CHANNEL NUMBER NEW CHANNEL NUMBER CHANNEL NAME
73 206 ESPN HD
72 209 ESPN2 HD
70 501 HBO
79 306 HDNet
76 281 HD Theater
75 245 TNT HD

If you receive the message "Channel Not Available" when you tune in to any of the new channels channels, you may not have the proper HD equipment to continue viewing your HD channels beyond March 31. In most circumstances, you will be eligible for a FREE equipment upgrade. Just call 1-888-763-7772 and mention "Free HD Swap" for more information and to schedule your equipment exchange.

Moving forward, should you be having the same technical problem using the DVR scheduler for the DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK please call our Network Media Technical Support (NMTS) at 1-800-531-5000 for further assistance.

It's not until the bottom paragraph that they mention the HD Extra Pack. Nothing I said referenced channels in the 70's, so why even bring it up??? :hair:

I should also note that any new channel added recently is missing. Showtime Beyond HD, Free Speech TV, Golden Eagle Broadcasting… all unavailable on the mobile DVR scheduler.

Edited by Tom Servo, 02 August 2010 - 02:05 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...