Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

X-Post: Requesting an installer recommendation for Vienna VA

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Skrill

Skrill

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

I have a 2002 built home we are moving into -- and I am moving my DirecTV from a prior address (Mover's connection). I want to do a very clear (in-wall as much as possible), DirecTV HD connection.

Anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Mod's please delete if X-posting is not allowed. I was not sure if there were enough eyes in the installation discussion.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Grydlok

Grydlok

Icon

• Registered
  • 749 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

I have a 2002 built home we are moving into -- and I am moving my DirecTV from a prior address (Mover's connection). I want to do a very clear (in-wall as much as possible), DirecTV HD connection.

Anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Mod's please delete if X-posting is not allowed. I was not sure if there were enough eyes in the installation discussion.

Is the basement finished?.
The HSP for their is Mastec and I don't know if they have any guys up there left who can wallfish, with that said it going to cost.
Joe may know of a private company around the beltway that can do the pre-wiring for you and just allow Mastec to install the ODU.
Hypocrites with fake rumors need not apply.

#3 OFFLINE   Skrill

Skrill

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

Is the basement finished?.
The HSP for their is Mastec and I don't know if they have any guys up there left who can wallfish, with that said it going to cost.
Joe may know of a private company around the beltway that can do the pre-wiring for you and just allow Mastec to install the ODU.

The basement is finished -- but we plan to do a complete remodel next year. If we need to tear up anything -- I would prefer we tore up the basement.

Please let me know if you have any contact info for the installer.

#4 OFFLINE   Grydlok

Grydlok

Icon

• Registered
  • 749 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

Pm Joe http://www.dbstalk.c...ber.php?u=36502
I will see who is still around N.Va that is still good
Hypocrites with fake rumors need not apply.

#5 OFFLINE   Skrill

Skrill

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

Pm Joe http://www.dbstalk.c...ber.php?u=36502
I will see who is still around N.Va that is still good

Thanks -- I PM'ed Joe. I appreciate the help.

#6 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,551 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

I would also do as much as possible ahead of time.

At the very least try to find how the cables should be run.
Have a common location where the cable(s) from the dish are located. And then have the room cables run there as well.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

spam firewall