Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Cust. Wanted HR24, Got HR23, Told can't get HR24

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Sim-X

Sim-X

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:52 PM

BBB ratings are both worthless and pointless. Everyone seems to be aware of that...but you. Apparently, you are not aware of what it takes to get a positive or negative rating with them. If you, or anyone else, demands to have a specific model then you have ability to go and get one. This is all very simple. You do not have the right to demand specific equipment. You do have the right to acquire specific equipment yourself. Get over it.

I suppose you think eBay feedback is pretty worthless as well. eBay should just do away with that all together. It's not like a company pays a fee to be a member of the BBB :rolleyes: How about when you browse through the yellow pages and see all the huge companies PAYING to carry the BBB logo? Obviously it means something or companies wouldn't be dishing out there own cash to pay for it or working hard to carrying a good reputation.

I suppose you think Angie's list is pointless as well. Is that why people are willing to pay a membership fee to join?

Look I agree with you a lot of people are stupid and complain for no reason at all. I deal with BBB complaints for the company I work for and if you send in your rebuttal and were fair to the customer they will find your answer an reasonable and close the case.

You don't get an "F" rating being reasonable to customers.

I sure hope you are not a business owner the way you think. You would drive a business right into the ground.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

I suppose you think eBay feedback is pretty worthless as well. eBay should just do away with that all together. It's not like a company pays a fee to be a member of the BBB :rolleyes: How about when you browse through the yellow pages and see all the huge companies PAYING to carry the BBB logo? Obviously it means something or companies wouldn't be dishing out there own cash to pay for it or working hard to carrying a good reputation.

I suppose you think Angie's list is pointless as well. Is that why people are willing to pay a membership fee to join?

Look I agree with you a lot of people are stupid and complain for no reason at all. I deal with BBB complaints for the company I work for and if you send in your rebuttal and were fair to the customer they will find your answer an reasonable and close the case.

You don't get an "F" rating being reasonable to customers.

I sure hope you are not a business owner the way you think. You would drive a business right into the ground.

Thank you for proving my point...you have no idea what companies actually do to acquire a good BBB rating. You have to pay off the BBB like the mob.
DTV = Digital Television

#43 OFFLINE   devaska1

devaska1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

I'm not sticking up for the BBB's system of ratings but, many average consumers or would be customers do rely on it as a valid source of consumer opinion and advice. Not everyone in America has tech aware friends who can help them make well informed decisions about DTV,Cable etc....
What about big companies like DTV that have great BBB ratings what are they doing that DTV is not?
As for the whole equipment thing, as a new customer I feel like i've been put through the wringer and it's only a month I've been a DTV customer. It's been a lot of work to get things sorted out so i'm semi-happy with my service. I am not so sure how the average non-DBS'er would fare with such issues. Just sayin.....

#44 OFFLINE   Sim-X

Sim-X

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

Thank you for proving my point...you have no idea what companies actually do to acquire a good BBB rating. You have to pay off the BBB like the mob.

A lot of people still look at BBB records, regardless if they are fair or not. All I'm saying you really have to run a craptastic operation to have an "F" rating. Part of that operation is how there policy on equipment works. Obviously DTV doesn't care that much or they would change it.

#45 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

I'm not doubting or calling you out or anything, I too think the BBB is useless anymore, but I would like to know exactly what goes into the ratings please.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#46 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

A lot of people still look at BBB records, regardless if they are fair or not. All I'm saying you really have to run a craptastic operation to have an "F" rating. Part of that operation is how there policy on equipment works. Obviously DTV doesn't care that much or they would change it.

If you don't pay the BBB dues = F
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#47 OFFLINE   Sim-X

Sim-X

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

I'm not doubting or calling you out or anything, I too think the BBB is useless anymore, but I would like to know exactly what goes into the ratings please.

I would like to know as well, but correct or not people still look at them.

#48 OFFLINE   Sim-X

Sim-X

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

If you don't pay the BBB dues = F

Oh my goodness, that's not true. I don't think DTV is too worried about paying some BBB dues. I'm pretty sure they could swing it :nono2:

You can't buy an A rating either

#49 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

Oh my goodness, that's not true. I don't think DTV is too worried about paying some BBB dues. I'm pretty sure they could swing it :nono2:

You just keep proving our point for us. Thank you for making this so easy. :D
DTV = Digital Television

#50 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

Keep thinking that.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#51 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

And all of this has what to do with getting a HR24?

Here is the thread to discuss DirecTV's rating with the Better Business Bureau.

Otherwise, how about if we get back on topic?
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#52 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,948 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

. . . .
Otherwise, I'll suck it up and go Comcrap.

More like bending over!

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#53 OFFLINE   poppin_fresh

poppin_fresh

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

I called dtv today to talk through my lack of getting what I asked for yesterday. Needless to say I got nowhere. The csr basically said to call the installer and ask them to pull a couple 24s aside and call me when they're in. I called him and left a message. I have another install scheduled for next Tuesday, but the installer has yet to call me back.

I told them I'm not in a hurry and don't mind waiting a couple weeks if I have to for stock. I have a feeling this is an excersise in futility. We'll see.

#54 OFFLINE   devaska1

devaska1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

In my case everything, I am a new customer who got a defective, refurbished HR22-100 DVR on initial install. I had nothing but problems from day one, after much work(DTV should be paying me ha) and research I asked for and received an HR24-100 which works like a gem. IMO it should be standard to give all new subs the newest equipment, not refurbished, rehashed crap. As a new customer I wouldn't expect anything less. Here is a link to the thread describing my first month with DTV. http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=181533
Thanks

And all of this has what to do with getting a HR24?

Here is the thread to discuss DirecTV's rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Otherwise, how about if we get back on topic?

I'm not sticking up for the BBB's system of ratings but, many average consumers or would be customers do rely on it as a valid source of consumer opinion and advice. Not everyone in America has tech aware friends who can help them make well informed decisions about DTV,Cable etc....
What about big companies like DTV that have great BBB ratings what are they doing that DTV is not?
As for the whole equipment thing, as a new customer I feel like i've been put through the wringer and it's only a month I've been a DTV customer. It's been a lot of work to get things sorted out so i'm semi-happy with my service. I am not so sure how the average non-DBS'er would fare with such issues. Just sayin.....

Edited by devaska1, 27 July 2010 - 08:34 PM.

#55 OFFLINE   devaska1

devaska1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

I called dtv today to talk through my lack of getting what I asked for yesterday. Needless to say I got nowhere. The csr basically said to call the installer and ask them to pull a couple 24s aside and call me when they're in. I called him and left a message. I have another install scheduled for next Tuesday, but the installer has yet to call me back.

I told them I'm not in a hurry and don't mind waiting a couple weeks if I have to for stock. I have a feeling this is an excersise in futility. We'll see.

If I were you i'd hold out, or do all you can to twist your tech/installers arm to find some 24's for you. After my recent problems I think the wait might be worth it!

#56 OFFLINE   Sim-X

Sim-X

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

You just keep proving our point for us. Thank you for making this so easy. :D

Keep thinking that.

You know with all your guys knowledge, I'm surprised you guys don't go work for DirecTV. You could help them keep that F rating they work so hard on.

Heck you guys could even go into business together, always good to get your rating down with the BBB when starting a new company.

I heard the BBB is so ridiculous that no customer would even think to check with them before signing on with a company. Let alone a 2 year agreement.

You know what, let's give the BBB an "F" rating since they are so worthless. I'm gonna start telling our customers that the BBB is stupid and pointless. You guys would make for some great business owners. When a customer asks why your BBB rating sucks you can just tell them they are stupid. I'm sure the customer will be like you know what, your right.

#57 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

That last line is so good, it is now in my signature :D

EDIT: Well, you edited it, so I guess the first part of the last line is good.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#58 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:06 PM

You know what, let's give the BBB an "F" rating since they are so worthless.

Way ahead of you. Feel free to come back and continue this discussion once you have brushed up on the details.
DTV = Digital Television

#59 OFFLINE   Sim-X

Sim-X

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:06 PM

That last line is so good, it is now in my signature :D

lol, looks great :D

#60 OFFLINE   Sim-X

Sim-X

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

Way ahead of you. Feel free to come back and continue this discussion once you have brushed up on the details.

Well your the mastermind here, you tell me.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...