Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ESPNUHD on H23-600, not on HR21-200

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dwilli57

dwilli57

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

I have the H23 in my bedroom, get ESPNU HD fine, the 103 sat is in the 30's and 40's. But in the living room the HR21 shows the 103 sat in the 20's and 30's. ESPNU HD is great in the br but I get the 771 error "searching for signal on Sat In 2" in the LR. I'm borderline getting HD at all bc of a large hill behind my house but why would one get a signal and the other not?
HELP!!!! Football season's coming!
tx

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,963 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

You need a dish alignment...BAD!
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,390 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

Sat signal strengths (99/103) need to be in the 80's, at least, I'm surprised you receive anything at all.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#4 ONLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,907 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

The OP mentioned a hill outside his house so that's why he barely gets any HD. Not sure a dish alignment will fix that. Dish movement elsewhere on the property might find a way to get better signal.

To your question about why one gets some programming and not the other is really a function of being on the borderline of a marginal signal. Some would say "its right on the hairy edge" so its just that one receiver has enough (barely) and the other doesn't. A few raindrops and all will be lost without more signal.

#5 OFFLINE   dwilli57

dwilli57

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:08 PM

Yeah I know I'm kinda borderline for some channels, they already did a realign but is it normal for strength to be different on different receivers?

#6 OFFLINE   dwilli57

dwilli57

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

The OP mentioned a hill outside his house so that's why he barely gets any HD. Not sure a dish alignment will fix that. Dish movement elsewhere on the property might find a way to get better signal.

To your question about why one gets some programming and not the other is really a function of being on the borderline of a marginal signal. Some would say "its right on the hairy edge" so its just that one receiver has enough (barely) and the other doesn't. A few raindrops and all will be lost without more signal.

sorry, NR4P...posted that last comment b4 I refreshed the page.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...