Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ex-Raiders safety Tatum dies

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

Raider Nation most definately lost a legend today.....

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5413917

Former Oakland Raiders and Ohio State defensive back Jack Tatum has died of a heart attack.

Tatum, a three-time Pro Bowler, was 61.

"We have lost one of our greatest Buckeyes," Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel said in a statement. "When you think of Ohio State defense, the first name that comes to mind is Jack Tatum. His loss touches every era of Ohio State players and fans."

Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

Damn shame...He was a beast in the secondary.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,651 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

RIP

He will forever be known for that one big physical hit....an unfortunate career-ending injury to another player( Daryl Stingley).
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#4 OFFLINE   greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:08 AM

RIP

He will forever be known for that one big physical hit....an unfortunate career-ending injury to another player( Daryl Stingley).

And also for bragging about it afterward...Stingley become a paraplegic and died 6-7 years later I believe. If you brag about it, I don't think the word "unfortunate" fits. Sorry, Raider Nation, up here I can't really feel sorry for your loss. The Raiders have had great and classy players over the years, but (his self-given nickname) "The Assassin" wasn't one of them.
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of Dish Network.

#5 OFFLINE   texasmoose

texasmoose

Icon

• Registered
  • 675 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:52 AM

And also for bragging about it afterward...Stingley become a paraplegic and died 6-7 years later I believe. If you brag about it, I don't think the word "unfortunate" fits. Sorry, Raider Nation, up here I can't really feel sorry for your loss. The Raiders have had great and classy players over the years, but (his self-given nickname) "The Assassin" wasn't one of them.

+1
HR34-700(leased)
HR24-100 x 2(1 leased, 1 owned)
Fios QIP7232 hd-dvr

#6 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,188 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

Stingley didn't die until 2007. 29 years as a quadraplegic.

#7 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

Stingley didn't die until 2007. 29 years as a quadraplegic.

I thought that was right.

Tatum played hard like everyone did at the time...it wasn't against the rules.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#8 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,651 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

I thought that was right.

Tatum played hard like everyone did at the time...it wasn't against the rules.

That's true.

Many of today's rules are based on those kinds of past negative results of the game. Unfortunately, they have learned by bad results instead of some foresight.

He was rated the toughest hitting DB of his era.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#9 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:18 AM

He was known by many as a classless jerk. His death will be considered by many as an "it's about time" event. More than one sports radio persons here has referred to him as a despicable individual.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

spam firewall