Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Activations no longer available for receivers without an RID

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

Dang, someone gave me an IRD without a RID today. :(

I hooked it up this morning because I wanted to see what it was like "back in the day." It is an RCA DSS receiver, a DRD102RW. I have three things to say about it.

1. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. The card swap trick from an active receiver doesn't work, and I don't really care anyway, I just thought I would try. I would rather use the receiver I borrowed the card from to try it. It acts like they have locked out the ability to change the cards; good for them.

3. Old and clunky, but you can still scroll through the guide as fast as you can with an HR2x! (x != 4 that is)
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationManchester NH

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

Boy This thread is funny,
I sold My old RCA DRD222RD receiver today on Craislist.This guy shows up at my work with his motor home,Calls D* and got it activated on his account with my old acess card ,No issues at all

#103 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:07 PM

Boy This thread is funny,
I sold My old RCA DRD222RD receiver today on Craislist.This guy shows up at my work with his motor home,Calls D* and got it activated on his account with my old acess card ,No issues at all

Hey .. if it works, great! .. Just passing on the policy that was passed on to me.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#104 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

Hey .. if it works, great! .. Just passing on the policy that was passed on to me.

Hee hee! I love this thread!!

I think it's safe to assume that what happens when you call DirecTV to get something done depends about 30% on DirecTV policy and 70% on who the particular CSR is you get connected to!! I.E. if you don't get what you want, hang up and call back an hour later.... :D

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#105 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:01 PM

You wait a whole hour? :lol:
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

Protected By... spam firewall...And...