Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NY locals sat

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PEARLTONE

PEARLTONE

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:05 PM

thinking of getting ny distant locals, from what i see on their site they do not have them in HD at this time, do not know why the hell they would not, anyway, are the SD channels on 61 like the HD channels, i have eastern arc at this time and would have to hook up another dish if they are not on those 3 sats

thanks

Edited by PEARLTONE, 27 July 2010 - 09:18 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,288 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

thinking of getting ny distant locals, from what i see on their site they do not have them in HD at this time, do not know why the hell they would not, anyway, are the SD channels on 61 like the ha channels, i have eastern arc at this time and would have to hook up another dish if they are not on those 3 sats

DISH spotbeams their locals on 61.5 and does not sell any market as a distant (at this time). You would have to live in the NY City market to get NY City HD locals.

AAD offers the SD versions (if you're eligible) but chose Chicago for "East Coast" time zoned HD distants.

#3 OFFLINE   PEARLTONE

PEARLTONE

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

DISH spotbeams their locals on 61.5 and does not sell any market as a distant (at this time). You would have to live in the NY City market to get NY City HD locals.

AAD offers the SD versions (if you're eligible) but chose Chicago for "East Coast" time zoned HD distants.

thanks alot , yes i spoke to aad but seems they have only sd ny locals at this time, i what these channels for sports purposes mostly, but i did not ask them what sat they get them from they will be getting Hd im hoping in the future
i think its coming from 119 so looks like ill have to add a dish to my east arc set up if i go forward with it

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,288 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

thanks alot , yes i spoke to aad but seems they have only sd ny locals at this time, i what these channels for sports purposes mostly, but i did not ask them what sat they get them from they will be getting Hd im hoping in the future
i think its coming from 119 so looks like ill have to add a dish to my east arc set up if i go forward with it

AAD SD is on 119 ... AAD HD is on 129. AAD does not have anything on 61.5 (or eastern arc) at this time.

#5 OFFLINE   slt101

slt101

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

thinking of getting ny distant locals, from what i see on their site they do not have them in HD at this time, do not know why the hell they would not, anyway, are the SD channels on 61 like the HD channels, i have eastern arc at this time and would have to hook up another dish if they are not on those 3 sats

thanks

The SD channels for NYC big 4 channels and WOR and WPIX are on satellite 119 and are CONUS with Dish. The NYC HD channels on Dish are only on 61.5, spotbeam 15.
The NYC big 4 channels are in HD and CONUS with Direct TV.

Edited by slt101, 27 July 2010 - 10:03 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   PEARLTONE

PEARLTONE

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

thanks for all the info
i heard that you might be able to purchase distant locals from dish in the future??? dont know if its true but that would be great

#7 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

one of the above posts is incorect. the HD signals from aad are on 110 not 129. and your best shot is thru aad. IF dish gets authirization to provide distants, very few ppl would be eligible to recieve them. myself included. i currently do have them thru aad so im set for now. and i would not hold out much hope for the NY signals to go HD. HD for now will b
from chicago and LA.

heck, your lucky that NY is available. east coast distants used to be Atlanta till about a yr ago

Edited by shadough, 29 July 2010 - 01:15 PM.
adding

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

spam firewall