Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RC65R just quit working???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Registered
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:38 PM

Using this with an HR23-700. Has been working erratically for the last few days so I just now decided to change the batteries.

Changed them out and now it doesn't work at all. The RC65R won't control or operate the HR23, TV or receiver which I had it set up to do. Finally did a RBR and when it came back up, still nothing.

What's really strange is that I have an old Phillips remote that I used before going to the RC65R. Had it with a macro programmed to turn on the TV, receiver and HR23 the same way I had the RC65R setup. Now the Phillips will control the TV and receiver but it still won't do anything with the HR23. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:24 PM

Finally called DTV and found out the DuraCell batteries I put in are the problem. Changed them to a different brand while on the phone and it works perfectly! Tech guy told me it's something about the DuraCell's being just a touch shorter than other batteries and therefore they don't make proper contact. Go figure!

#3 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,602 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

Finally called DTV and found out the DuraCell batteries I put in are the problem. Changed them to a different brand while on the phone and it works perfectly! Tech guy told me it's something about the DuraCell's being just a touch shorter than other batteries and therefore they don't make proper contact. Go figure!

Really?

WOW - that is one of the more interesting things I've read and learned here in some time. Honestly didn't know that.

Appreciate you sharing it.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#4 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,823 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

Really?

WOW - that is one of the more interesting things I've read and learned here in some time. Honestly didn't know that.

Appreciate you sharing it.

Indeed! I've had that length problem with some rechargibles, but not with a standard (or better) alkaline. Because two of my remotes are backlit, I use lithium energizers and get good life from them.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

spam firewall