Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Problems Recording (Search says no episodes)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Big Eared Monkey

Big Eared Monkey

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:41 PM

I did some searching but could not find the answer. We have two directv hd-dvr units. One of them had an old season pass for project runway and it recorded everything just fine last night (Unit #1).

On the other (Unit #2 - other half of our duplex where my parents live) they did not have project runway set to record and my mother told me today that she couldn't get it to work. Upon going over to check things out when I do a search for project runway through the smart search it finds the series. I select it and it says there are no shows to record.

I went back to unit #1 which is working and verified from the old season pass that there are indeed upcoming episodes that are scheduled to be recorded. When I did a smart search the same result happened (No episodes).

I have tried a restart on the unit that didn't record and that did not change anything. Given that this error exists in both units through the search feature I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the guide on DirecTv's end of things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I ended up finding it in the channel guide and adding the season pass recording from there. But still not working through the smart search feature.

Ideas or suggestions for how to get this corrected would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Big Eared Monkey, 30 July 2010 - 07:23 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:30 AM

I did some searching but could not find the answer. We have two directv hd-dvr units. One of them had an old season pass for project runway and it recorded everything just fine last night (Unit #1).

On the other (Unit #2 - other half of our duplex where my parents live) they did not have project runway set to record and my mother told me today that she couldn't get it to work. Upon going over to check things out when I do a search for project runway through the smart search it finds the series. I select it and it says there are no shows to record.

I went back to unit #1 which is working and verified from the old season pass that there are indeed upcoming episodes that are scheduled to be recorded. When I did a smart search the same result happened (No episodes).

I have tried a restart on the unit that didn't record and that did not change anything. Given that this error exists in both units through the search feature I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the guide on DirecTv's end of things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I ended up finding it in the channel guide and adding the season pass recording from there. But still not working through the smart search feature.

Ideas or suggestions for how to get this corrected would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Happens sometimes, I record movies I find in their magazine and sometimes Smart Search can't find them but when I look in the guide they're there. Not a big deal.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...