Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Will this remote work with my VIP622?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Snydley

Snydley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

I'm looking for some remotes for my VIP622 and I'm having trouble finding any kind of documentation telling me what remotes will work with this receiver.
Anyone know where I can buy some good cheap ones, (UHF). :rolleyes:
Anyway, I found some that are advertised as:
"Dish Network 6.0 Pro IR/UHF Remote Control MODEL #118578 "
I have a couple that are 6.0 Pro IR/UHF model 132578 and work great with my VIP622, but I want to know if the model 118578 ones will work with this receiver and coexist ok with the ones I already have before I buy them. I'm looking to change all my remotes over to UHF remotes.
Thanks,
Snyde

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

Yes, they will work with your receiver, BUT they are an older model that will have many fewer TV and stereo remote codesets in them. If you have newer TVs, they may not have the codesets to control them.

#3 OFFLINE   Snydley

Snydley

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

Yes, they will work with your receiver, BUT they are an older model that will have many fewer TV and stereo remote codesets in them. If you have newer TVs, they may not have the codesets to control them.

I see, that's what the different model numbers signify. Well, someone is selling them for cheap, so I'll have to work around that. If that's all that's missing I won't sweat it.
Snyde

#4 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

For $19.99 you can get a spanking new programmable 21.0 IR/UHF PRo or a 20.0 IR Pro remote directly from Dish.

I don't know how cheap the others are selling for but these are dandys for a great price.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#5 OFFLINE   Snydley

Snydley

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:41 PM

For $19.99 you can get a spanking new programmable 21.0 IR/UHF PRo or a 20.0 IR Pro remote directly from Dish.

I don't know how cheap the others are selling for but these are dandys for a great price.

The thing is I need 4 of them and I'm not about to spend $20. a piece for them when I'm not sure how much longer I'm gonna stay with Dish. I was REALLY "put off" by a CSR and a "Customer Loyalty Agent",(or some such title). I'm looking at options now.
Snyde

#6 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this seemed like as good a place as any.

As a new Dish sub and JP1 user, I'd thought I'd let everybody know that I've created an upgrade HERE for the 722k (as well as other compatible models) that includes discrete on/off codes and the ability to change the code set to any remote address you like. The beauty of these remotes is they can be had for as little as $5 and are very powerful, even more so if you get a programming cable. They aren't UHF however.

That being said, original Dish remotes are also cheap and plentiful on ebay. I just got another UHF remote for under $15 shipped. Coming from DirecTV, I have to say Dish remotes are leaps and bounds better. UHF models are relatively cheap, they have nice tactile buttons, a good layout and the learning feature is a big plus. Now if I could only find a backlit model ...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...