Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Audio messed up on 3D channels

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,094 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

Yesterday it was the showing of The Universe on ch 103 that had the audio messed up, garbled the entire show and I tried two different showings.

Today it's the X Games on ch 103, basically the right front/rear channels are carrying audio, other channels too low to make a difference, ch 106 showing is fine.

DirecTV is making a big deal out of 3D and highlighting these two programs and what do they do, mess it up.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:06 AM

Yesterday it was the showing of The Universe on ch 103 that had the audio messed up, garbled the entire show and I tried two different showings.

Today it's the X Games on ch 103, basically the right front/rear channels are carrying audio, other channels too low to make a difference, ch 106 showing is fine.

DirecTV is making a big deal out of 3D and highlighting these two programs and what do they do, mess it up.

Most of us don't have 3D so we have no idea of what you are seeing and hearing. AVS has a 3D forum but I haven't checked it out.

#3 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,094 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

Most of us don't have 3D so we have no idea of what you are seeing and hearing. AVS has a 3D forum but I haven't checked it out.

Yes I know, but there is a much larger DirecTV user base here then there.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#4 OFFLINE   GregLee

GregLee

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

As RAD knows, I had the same problem with sound on 3d programs. I heard it on the Dinosaurs Alive! program on n3d, for one, and it happens I had recorded that earlier, so I could compare. No sound problem on the earlier recording, so evidently the garbled sound is specific to a span of time. I've just now listened to 2 programs on n3D, and now I hear no problem. Perhaps it's fixed.
Greg

Protected By... spam firewall...And...