Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV Comes Through

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Maverickster

Maverickster

Godfather

• Registered
  • 331 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

I've been as critical of DirecTV's customer service over the years as anyone, but this time, they really came through.

My HR20-700 had been on the fritz for a couple of months (blank recordings, guide/menu freezes, etc.) and my dish was in serious need of re-alignment (slightest rain triggered rain fade and post-rain fade resets were always required).

Yesterday, I called customer service to get these issues addressed. Over the course of a 15 minute phone call, I got a free service call setup and they loaded me up with a bunch of promos for my trouble (which will about cut my bill in 1/2 over the next year).

Service tech came out this afternoon (less than 24 hours after my call with customer service), re-aligned the dish and replaced my HR20 with an HR24.

All this and NO NEW COMMITMENT (I've been out of contract for about 2 years)!!

It's nice to be rewarded like this for being a loyal customer.

Thanks DirecTV!!!!!

--Mav

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,798 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

Nice. How are you liking the HR24?

#3 OFFLINE   gfrang

gfrang

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

Great deal sounds like you just won the lottery :)

#4 OFFLINE   Maverickster

Maverickster

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 331 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

Nice. How are you liking the HR24?

Bearing in mind that I've had it for about 2 hours now, I love it. Sickeningly fast compared to my HR20. The best part is that I didn't even have to reprogram my universal remote. Same IR codeset and same software, so all of the commands (even the customized sequences/macros) work just fine.

#5 OFFLINE   Maverickster

Maverickster

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 331 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:53 PM

Great deal sounds like you just won the lottery :)

I like to think of it as a reward for dutifully paying my bill on time and not making a single service call in over 4 years. For the last 4 years, I've been the perfect customer for them. What they've done for me here is a good way of making sure I stay that way for the next 4 (contractual commitment or not).

--Mav

Protected By... spam firewall...And...